Chapter 9

The next morning after a check-up from Dr. Halstead, Niall was told that he could leave the infirmary but stay close to Harry, not letting his wolf get too far from him. Niall and Harry head up to Harry's room, and Harry is quiet as he tries to remember everything he read in the report. He is tired from barely getting any sleep for the past four days and working himself endlessly to avoid giving in to his urges. 

"Mate, you alright?" Niall asked as they settle into HArry's room, and Harry set up his meeting laptop.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Will you be okay?" Harry asked, sitting in his chair and getting his headphones out.

"Yes, Harry, I may have to be near you, but I don't need your full attention all the time," Niall said and rolled his eyes and settled on Harry's bed with his laptop.

"Just making sure, the meeting will start soon, so you need to keep quiet," Harry warned before he starts the meeting since all the other leaders should be in the room just waiting for Harry.

"I know, I will be on my laptop doing work," Niall said, already turning his attention to his laptop, and Harry nodded and started the meeting.

The meeting was, as Harry predicted, very hectic and had many heated arguments that it was hard for Harry to remain calm because he was stressed out and their yelling is not helping. They talked about all their charity work, the settling in of the strays, the trauma victims they recently rescued, the investigation into the Crimson pack, the inner working of the pack, the funding of the pack, the training of their pack, and everything in between. If Harry had been more awake and less stressed, he would have figured out that Louis Tomlinson is the same Louis as the one he had been texting non-stop for the past four days. The meeting lasted four hours, and after it was done, Harry wanted to slam his laptop shut but really had to fight the urge to since he could already sense Niall constantly looking over at him with a worried and scared expression.

"I take it by your face that the meeting didn't go as planned?" Niall asked after Harry was staring in front of him for five minutes after the meeting ended.

"No, the meeting went exactly how I expected it to go; that is the problem. These meetings always end up with heated arguments because there is so much to consider going into every project we do next, and it just gets hectic," Harry said and ran his hand down his face.

"Well, at least it is done now. Can we eat?" Niall asked, getting up off the bed and walked to the door only to start to feel panicky, and he turns around to run to Harry's side, who has not moved from the table. "Harry?" Niall whispered and waved his hand in front of Harry's face. Harry was just lost in thought about everything that went on in the meeting and started to think if he is biting off more than he can chew. Can he really balance being head alpha and being a full-time medical student at the same time? "Harry?" Niall asked with a little more volume to it and started poking him.

"Yeah?" Harry asked and is slowly coming back to reality.

"I asked if we can eat," Niall said, and it was only now that Harry noticed that Niall was standing really close to him and slightly shaking.

"Did I scare you?" Harry asked, scared that he accidentally let out his frustration when he was zoned out.

"No, I walked to the door, but since you didn't move and your room is huge, my wolf got panicky, and I ran here, and you didn't answer," Niall said, and Harry got up and pulled Niall into a hug.

"Sorry Ni, next time, just hit me in the head or throw something at me," Harry said, and Niall chuckled.

"I will, but seriously can we eat?" Niall asked more desperately this time, and Harry just nodded and grabbed his phone and wallet. "Good, Liam just bought food and is back in his dorm room, so let's go," Niall grabbed Harry's hand to make sure that he moves this time, and Harry lets him be dragged.