Chapter 2: Party arrangements

🖊They say follow your heart, but if your heart is in a million pieces which piece do I follow🖊- Unknown

Niara's POV

I felt someone nudge me in my sleep, making me slowly blink my eyes open. When I open my eyes fully I softly smile at the familiar face. "Good morning Ms. Taylor" I say and she returns my smile.

"Good morning dear, are you ready for your breakfast? the chefs made you strawberry crepes" She says as I sit up in my bed and rub the tiredness from my eyes.

 The sound of strawberry crepes makes my stomach growl and a smile slowly grows on my face. "Actually I am quite hungry" I say and she pushes the food cart to the side of my bed so I can eat my breakfast.

I happily pick up the fork and begin digging in to my food. Taylor looks down at me with an awkward smile which makes me pause "What is it?".

"You know Mrs. Reynolds right?.." she mentions slowly.

"Oh, my teacher? is she not coming today?"

"Well.. the thing is, she quit" She says causing a frown to appear on my face. This is like the 5th teacher this year.. although it is a bit understandable sense I'm not exactly the easiest person to teach.

"It must have been the math.." I say softly while putting a bite of the crepe into my mouth. She sits down next to me and rubs my back softly.

"It's okay darling, we'll find you a good teacher who cares about your education enough to actually work with you and keep you focused".

I smile at the kind woman next to me. Even though she gives me a lot of comfort and encouragement I can't help but doubt. Focusing is really hard for me. When I was 12 I was diagnosed with ADHD so sometimes school is difficult. My father thought being homeschooled would help and in a way it has, but all of my teachers seem to give up on me and my education.

"Okay Niara, finish up your breakfast and then come downstairs" Ms. Taylor says and plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

I continued eating quietly as she left the room. I like Ms. Taylor, she's been here the longest out of all the maids that work for my father. She was given the task of taking care of me when my father saw how much I took a liking to her. 

I put the last bite of my breakfast into my mouth and then used a tissue to wipe off any crumbs that fell on me.

I push the cart out of the way and stand up from my bed before walking over to my full length mirror. I was still in my nightgown so I definitely had to change before going downstairs.

I walk into my closet and pick out a comfortable outfit. I decide on a tan sweater and a long skirt that fell below my knees.

 I decide on a tan sweater and a long skirt that fell below my knees