Chapter 10: Brothers

🖋Sometimes I push you away because I need you to pull me closer -Unknown🖋

Killians POV

"Bye.." Niara waved off with a smile.

I nodded shortly as she got out my car, I didn't drive off until I saw her enter the house.

After a while of driving I stopped at a red light.

Damnit.

I went way too far today. She probably thinks I was being over dramatic but almost every guy in that room was looking at her, and I couldn't just stand there and do nothing.

I won't apologize though.. I never would of thought she would be stupid enough to dress like that in front of a bunch of middle aged me and their wives.

I heard a car honk from behind me, making me snap out of my thoughts and continue driving home. I really didn't want to go back to the party though.. I'm not in a very social mood.

I sigh, knowing I have to go anyways because I'm the host.

I pull into my long driveways before parking in my garage.

As I sat in the car I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I dig and out as a I see the words 'father' flash across the screen. I quickly answer.

"Father?"

"Killian.. I need a favor" he replied, getting straight to the point.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, My father hasn't asked for my help in years.

"What is it?" I ask cautiously.

"It's about your brother, Luca, he's been a problem lately."

I hummed, letting him continue.

"I've tried my best to explain it too him but he just won't listen." He paused for a short moment before continuing. "Your not as involved as the rest of la mafia because you proved to me you can be successful, and that alone already displeased a lot of people, you're just lucky to be son of the Capo" He carried on.

I listened to him carefully. I think I understand what he was trying to say, Luca has always been the jealous type. Especially since our father favored me over his other sons. But that's just how it works in our world, the oldest son will eventually be the new Capo. My father didn't take it well when I first said I didn't want to be Capo. I was only 13 and already had to think about stuff like that.

Eventually my father beat it into me that I would have to take over one day. And I will when my father has to step down, but i won't like it. Sadly people can't just leave the mafia. Leave, or speak a word of it to an outsider and you get killed.

I cleared my throat before speaking into the phone "So, what should I say to him?"

"I'm not sure, but if word gets out that one of my sons wants to leave then I will have no choice but to kill him, even if he is my own blood. It's time for him to grow up Killian, our world isn't meant for games" He sighed. His voice was rough and had a thick accent.

Most of my childhood was spent in Italy so it's no doubt I have an accent too, but it's not as thick as my fathers.

"Alright, I'll talk to him" I sighed before hanging up the phone.

After getting out the car i made my way back inside, searching for Luca. I saw him earlier, but I'm not sure if he left already.

"Killian!" A familiar voice calls out as I feel someone grab my arm.

I look back and see it's Alaster "What?" I said sharply.

"Have you seen Niara? I told her I would be right back and now she's gone" he says wearily.

"She wasn't feeling well, I took her home."

His eyebrows furrowed before nodding. Before he could turn away I grabbed his collar roughly "You better watch yourself, Do you understand?" I said in a low growl.

He nodding his head vigorously before I let him go. He mumbled something under his breath and walked away.

I know how my brother is, he goes for any woman he can get with. Niara doesn't need to be around him.

Hopefully my warning will keep him from doing anything too her, although he's never been one to listen much. But I don't care who he is, if he does anything to her I will single handedly rip his head off.

One of the maids walked by with a tray full of drinks in her hand, I took one and gulped it down in seconds.

I need to get myself under control. I could have any woman I want, I shouldn't see my brother as competition.

I let out a sharp breath before continuing my search for Luca. Both of my brothers are idiots, and as the oldest I have to keep them in line sadly.

I was walking through the main hallway when I see Olivia chatting with a few girls. I quickly make my way over there.

Olivia notices me walking over as the girls giggle and bat their mascara coated eyelashes at me.

"Killian, hey" she smiled.

"Olivia have you seen Luca?" I asked her.

"I think he went back to his apartment."

I pinched the bridge of my nose "For fucks sake" I mumbled. I've been searching this god damn house for no reason.

"Everything alright?"
She asked while taking a sip of her drink.

"Everything is fine, tell Luca to come into my office tomorrow, At 6."

"Okay" she noted before taking her phone out of her purse.

"I'll be up in my room for the rest of the night, tell Alaster he's in charge of hosting" I say and she nods.

I feel bad for putting so much work on Olivia, but today has been all kinds of stressful and I just want to sleep at this point.

At that, I turned and made my way upstairs to my bedroom.