The Avengers (Part 1)

A month later ...

3rd POV

Percy was sitting in a room full of scientists trying to understand an alien artifact. Her aunt, being on a mission, left Percy with Clint. So Clint brought her into work being the reasonable person he is. 

"Talk to me, Percy," Fury asked the girl.

"I'm thinking that it's odd that you're asking me instead of your head scientist to tell you about your alien artifact," Percy said. Percy then looked up at Fury and sighed. "The Tesseract is misbehaving."

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury questioned.

"I wish. The tesseract is not only active, she's...behaving. For further questions, I recommend you ask your head scientist. I only got back from my ice cream break 2 minutes ago." Percy said. 

Fury then looked at Dr. Selvig.

"How soon we pull the plug?" Fury asked.

"She's an energy source. We turn off the power, she turns it back on. She reached its peak level." Dr. Selvig explained.

"We prepared for this doctor, harness energy from space." Fury said.

"We don't have the harness. My calculations are far from complete. She's throwing off interference radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation."

"That can be harmful." Fury said.

"Where's agent Barton?" Fury asked.

"Hawk, up in his nest as usual," Selvig answered pointing behind him with his thumb.

"Agent Barton, report," Fury called. "I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on him."

"Joe, I see better from a distance," Clint said walking towards where Percy was reading the scientist's notes.

"Have you seen anything that might set this thing off?" Fury asked.

"Doctor, it's spiking again," A scientist said in an urgent voice.

"No one come and gone. And Selvigs clean of contacts. This is a door to the other end of space, right?" Clint said.

"Yeah." Fury said.

"Doors open from both sides," Percy said walking up from behind the two spies. 

A sudden boom came from the Tesseract as it acted up. Percy watched with fascination and terror as the light around the Tesseract started rumbling and swirling. A long glowing beam suddenly shot from the Tesseract making a hole in the air. The hole slowly got bigger until it exploded spreading a light blue ray of light. In the place of the portal was a man wearing a dress in a kneeling position. The man stood up as men with guns approached the man in a dress.

"Put down the spear!" Fury ordered the man.

"Mwahahaha! No!" Dress dude said like a maniacal child. (I didn't want to follow the script anymore. It got hard.)

"Who are you?" Clint asked approaching Dress dude. 

"Loki, of Asgard." Dress dude, now known as Loki said. Percy gasped.

"I know him..." She mumbled.

"What?" Clint asked. 

"I recognize him."

"How?" 

"He came over once when I was a four, told my mother he was going to bless me because he foresaw that I would be a great hero. One like the nine realms has never seen. He-" Percy started to whisper. Clint stared at her but Percy was already crawling to hide behind a table.