The Avengers (Part 5)

The last Avengers chapter! Finally! I was going to finish it in the last chapter but got tired. 

Percy took a heavy breath, sweat dripping off her brow. Her eyes were glued to the hole in the sky, the hole Stark had flown into moments ago. She held her breath, not fully paying attention to the chitauri she was fighting. 

Her eyes stayed focused on the portal, her body working to keep herself from getting slaughtered and eaten by street rats. Her spear pierced the leg of a chitauri when the Motherships started falling, crashing into the surrounding buildings. The chitauri around her collapsed, falling like flies to the ground. She let out a sigh of relief, but tensed as her gaze returned to the portal above her. 

A heavy silence filled the air when a the blue beam shot up into the portal. The portal started closing, when a red, metal figure fell out of the portal. 

Percy opened her eyes wide, "He's not conscious, he's going to die!" 

She glanced behind, the Hulk grunting heavily and jumping towards the unconscious hero. Hulk grabbed Ironman mid-air, his hands tearing a building apart. They fell towards the ground, the asphalt getting demolished from the sheer weight of the Hulk. 

Percy heard a loud growl, and an even louder yell after that. She ran fowards, in order to regroup with the others. She stumbled as she caught sight of Ironman on the ground, seemingly unmoving. But upon closer inspection she heard could hear his voice, and see him look up at the others. 

"Please tell me nobody kissed me." Stark said, his gaze catching Percy's. 

"You're alive!" She screamed, being the first to overcome the momentary shock. Stark just smirked at her, he didn't even have to say anything for Percy to understand, their gazes communicating the language of Sass. She smiled, collapsing on the ground. 

"We won--" She sighed in relief. 

"All right, yay! Good job guys, let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day off."

Percy flicked on her flashlight, the subway lights flickering. The light passed over the walls, mold and graffiti everywhere. She could hear the soft whispers of people further down. The tired demigod found a group of people huddled together. 

"Uhm, it's safe to go up now." Percy announced. People jumped up, cheering. Some people sobbed collapsing to the ground, others started running out. 

Percy searched the faces for the Mother she had saved. Once most of the people had ran out she found the Mother kneeling on the ground, laying against the wall. Percy smiled, walking towards her. She found the little girl curled up against the mother. 

Percy knelt down, "Hey, how are you?" 

The little girl looked up, her clear blue eyes red and puffy, her face smeared with blood. 

Percy's smile dropped, her face losing color. She picked up the girl, her dress dripping blood. She held the girl against her chest, rubbing her back. 

She surveyed the scene. There was a pool of blood glistening under her pale, unmoving form. 

"Oh shoot."

Percy took a long gulp of water, settling the can against her lips. Her fingers were covered scabs from the battle, and along with more scars littering her body and mind. 

 She glanced over at the Norse god, his golden were locks no longer grimy and covered in dust. His oily brother was standing next to him, cuffs around his arms, muzzle around his mouth. A flash of bright light and they were gone. 

The youngest Avenger leaned against the tree, her gaze turning over to her Aunt and Uncle. They bid their farewells to the other's and walked towards her. 

"Well, Loki should be taken care of. I don't think we'll have to worry about him anymore." Clint said, crossing his arms. 

Percy nodded, crushing the bottle in her hand. "Good, I hope I don't ever have to see that oily hair again."

Natasha's lips quirked upwards, she patted Percy on her back, leading her further into the woods, and further away from the building. 

Percy tossed the crushed can into a nearby trashcan, and stuffed her hands into her pockets. Her mind wandered, and she started to think about the small clown fish she had met. 

They came to a stop, and sat down, Percy on the edge with Natasha in between her and Clint. 

"What happened, when you fell off the plane?" Her aunt asked, her face back to it's unreadable state. 

Percy stared into her aunt's eyes, but found no ounce of emotion in them. Just like when she had first met her. 

"I fell into the ocean." Percy replied honestly. 

Her aunt raised her eyebrow skeptically. Clint cleared his throat, leaning forwards. 

"Look, Percy, we know that working for SHEILD has been your dream, but it's okay if you ran and hid. You can still be an agent, just when you're older." Clint said, avoiding her gaze. 

Percy crossed her legs and arms, scoffing. "You mean in my next life." 

Natasha gently placed her hand on Percy's knee, "You can be something else. You don't have to be like us. I just want you to explore other interests before you settle on being an assassin."

Percy looked into her Aunt's eyes, and then at Clint. "What other interests? You never let me join any clubs, and it's not like I can read. The only things I've ever known is fighting and fish, and I'm not going to go fishing." 

Clint's gaze softened, but her Aunt's stare stayed the same, cold, impersonal. 

"Percy," She said sternly, "I'm not going to let you do this anymore. Fury bringing you onto the Avengers initiative was uncalled for. You are going to come with me, and we going to tell him that you are resigning." 

"What? No!" Percy said, "Why did you stand up for me, then, in the helicarrier? If that was what you felt why did you make me think you supported me?" 

Natasha looked at Clint, her eyes begging him to do something. Clint stood up, his hands in his pockets. "I can't help you Natasha. What she did you there was amazing. I think she's more than ready, despite the fact that she's still a child." 

Natasha sighed, "Fine, but you can't go on missions alone until you're 15. I'm not going to let you die on me. I'm already breaking the promises I made to your mom."

Percy stopped, "Is that what this is about? My mom?"

"I'm not your Mother, I shouldn't even be allowed to raise a child. I don't want you die because of how horribly I raised you." Natasha said, her eyes were no longer cold, but held real raw emotions in them. For the first time Percy could remember.

"You are the best Aunt in the world. I hope you know that. You have been raising me to the best of your abilities. I love you." Percy mumbled, pulling her Aunt in for a hug. 

Natasha  hugged her back. "I love you too." 

Well, that was weird. 

Could y'all bananas do this quiz/form thing? (I swear it's not a rickroll) I can't decide what I should do abut ships cus I love all of them too much.

https://forms.gle/SQXsxEcpoXevokH36

Thanks for reading