A Fixed Bond

It was a couple days after Yuma's And Shark's rematch and Yuma was having a duel with Bronk. He attempted to attack Bronk's monster, but he activated Rush Recklessly to give his monster the power to destroy Yuma's monster and win the duel.

Ren: And that's 20 today. 

Yuma got right back up and wanted another rematch, but Bronk just walked away. Me and Tori walked to him to see what was up since he looked like he had something on his mind.

Tori: Wait! Wait up! Bronk!

Ren: Ok Bronk what's wrong? 

Bronk: I didn't think Yuma was that kind of person. That duel.... he said he wouldn't use a Number... even if that's the case, that guy...

Ren: Yea, he did use a Number, but he was hesitating to use it. The only reason he did was because Shark wanted him to. 

Bronk: But still he broke a promise!

Ren: Alright Bronk, which one do you think is more important. A promise for some stupid bet, or trying to help someone and giving them what they want?

Bronk: But still.... you don't just broke a promise to a friend-

Ren: Well sometimes we all can't keep our promises alright!? Sometimes things come up! Sometimes you just can't be there to help, then next thing you know you're fighting the person you promised your best friend you would protect and just end up leaving Shark alone when you promised his sister you would be there for him!!!

Tori: Wait... Shark has a sister...?

Bronk: And you made promise to her...?

Ren: ....! ...I gotta go.....

I just hurried back home after I said that.... and that night.... I couldn't go to sleep, because one thing was on my mind.... and that was I failed Rio...

(Timeskip - Next Day)

It was near the end of school today, and I was packing my things up to leave. As I was, Yuma walked up to me.

Yuma: Hey Ren, do you mind if we talked for a bit?

I knew whatever he wanted to talk about was serious, since he called me by my name and didn't call me "Bro"

Ren: Yea, what's up man?

Yuma: Well, I heard from Tori, that yesterday you were talking about some kind of promise you couldn't keep... and it was to Shark's sister?

Ren: And let me guess.... you want to know what happened right?

Yuma: If you don't mind talking about it.

Ren: ...*Sigh*  I guess I could've told you this sooner. But before we talk about it, do you mind going somewhere there isn't as many people.

He agreed and we walked to the Library. We walked to a table and sat down.

Ren: Ok, so you remember how sometimes when you would go with mom and dad on trips and I would stay behind with sis and grandma.

Yuma: I do.

Ren: Well, one of those times I was walking around city, went to the duel park. That was where I met Shark, we dueled and I beat him there. When I did, he wanted a rematch to try and beat me. I gave him one and it kept going like that for a bit. After a while, we became friends, and when we did he introduced me to his little sister, Rio. Me and her got along great and became friends just as fast. Things were actually going great with all of us... but one day, a year and a half ago.... a big accident which caused a building to go up in flames... and Rio was in it..... she suffered bad injuries and had to be rushed to the hospital.... there I promised her I would always be there for Shark... before she went into a coma.... A little bit afterwards was when the nationals was about to happen. Me and Shark were planning on entering together to have a better chance to get help for Rio... but then mom and dad told me I was able to go on a trip with you 3. I was about to turn it down, but Shark told me I should go to spend time you guys and that he would be fine and would win the thing... I let him do it, but when I came back something happened that made him not be able to win, when I tried to talk to him about it, an argument happened and we started to fight... and I just left him alone.... and that's when I knew I failed my promise to her...