Two

TW: Scars/Cuts

Gray woke up and put his hand on his forehead. He didn't want to get up because of the certain Dragon Slayer in his house but he knew he had to. He got out of bed, got in the shower and got dressed. He went into the kitchen and saw Natsu peacefully sleeping on the sofa (couch). Gray watched him and found him cute until he saw something on his wrist. He had a red mark or something. He got closed and realised that it was a cut, a really deep cut. He rolled Natsu's sleeve up slightly to reveal more of them. Does Natsu cut himself? No, he wouldn't. He's happy, he's fine, you're overthinking this too much Gray's. He's Natsu. He's okay.

Gray pulled Natsu's sleeve up to reveal even more cuts, some of them even deeper than the first few. Gray took a step back and took a shaky breath. He needs help. He looked at the sleeping boy and rolled his sleeve back down. He went to his computer and logged in. He always leaves it on so he didn't have to bother with turning it on and off everytime he uses it.

Once he was logged in he went onto Google and searched up 'How to help someone who Self-Harms.' He started reading the answers and made sure to remember them all.

How to help someone who Self-Harms

Here is what to do if someone you know or someone you are close to is Self-Harming:

Encourage them to speak to a GP or free listening service about self-harm

Ask how they would like to be supported

Let them know you're there for them

Tell them about their positive qualities

Try to understand their emotions and experiences, without judging them, rather than focusing on their self-harm

Consider that any amount of self-harm might be a sign that they're feeling extremely distressed

Let them be in control of their decisions, but get them medical attention if needed

Gray looked at his hands and sighed. He was shaking, a lot.

"Gray?" He heard a voice from his door say. Gray immediately turned his PC off and turned around to face whoever it was.

"Are you okay? You're shaking a lot." "I-I uh, I'm fine, I'm just uh cold, yeah cold." Gray replied. Natsu raised an eyebrow and walked away. Gray took a sigh of relief and leaned back on his chair. That was close. He thought. He closed his eyes and felt like he was falling asleep. After a few minutes he did.

August 27th 2021