The Arrival

I wake up to what sounds like chains and mental being crushed all around me, I open my eyes but my vision is blurry, I try to stand up but what I guessed to be a metal container I'm standing in shook the ground and I fell to the hard floor. Looking around I notice the cold metal bars which are keeping me in the metal container and few wooden boxes with the word W.I.C.K.E.D in the opposite corner to me, I shout for help but somehow I already know nobody is gonna come to rescue me. I sit in the corner for what felt like hours waiting for something to happen. All of a sudden some nerve inside tells me to look up, I slowly look up and see a dim red light. I stare at it for a moment until I realise the metal container is slowing down, it was hard to tell if it actually was or not but soon enough it completely stopped. I stay sitting on the floor with my knees to my chest waiting, I'm not sure what I'm waiting for but for some reason, I just feel like something is gonna happen. And it does. I look up to what must be doors opening from above, the light almost blinds me since I've been in a dark room for god knows how long.

After my eyes adjust a bit I look up to see at least 40 boys looking down at me, I could hear some of the boys whispering back and forth but can't seem to understand what any of them were saying, just mumbling. Then one of the boys jumps into the box. "Day 1 Greenie, rise and shine" the boy loudly speaks. It felt weird to hear somebody else's voice and also a little frightening. I don't know where I am, how I got here, who these boys are, I can't even remember my name. He gives me his hand, I nervously take it and he pulls me up off the floor quickly. "Put your foot in the loop and hold on," he says sternly. I do as he tells me to and I get lifted by several other boys above so quick that I nearly face plant the floor when I got to the top but I manage to stay my ground. A few seconds of silence and all the boys staring at me until a tall dark-skinned older boy starts walking towards me, well he looked older than the others but I didn't know his exact age. "Hey I'm Alby, I run things around here," The boy says in a soft tone while putting his hand out in front. I smile and lightly shake his hand. "The boy who pulled you out of the box was Gally" he points towards Gally. He waved at me but I just smiled back. "Alright everyone back to their jobs" Alby shouted. Everyone but a blonde hair boy who was standing next to Alby went off in different directions. "I'm Newt, sorry if Gally scared you" The soft British accent laughed. "It's okay he didn't" was the first two words to come out of my mouth since I got here. "I'll give you the tour" Alby smiled and I smiled back with "okay."

I've got so many questions in my head but am way too scared to ask. Alby takes me through the whole place they call the glade. He answers a few of my questions without me having to ask which was helpful. "Do you know your name?" He asks. I look down to the floor thinking as hard as I can but I can't think of any possible answer to his simple question. "It's okay, your name will come back to you soon," Alby says, his voice was always so soft. You take a minute to look at your surroundings. The floor around was fresh grass, there was a forest and buildings all around, few benches but the main thing that was sticking out to me was the tall concrete walls covered in vines surrounding the glade, they were at least 100 feet high if not more. It was all confusing but the one question I was able to blurt out was "Why am I the only girl around here" Alby looks at me and smiles, "You're the only girl that has ever come up in the box, that's why all the boys looked at you differently when you came up" Alby said. I stay silent staring at the floor thinking about why they would send me here as the only girl. Just as I look up I see two boys jogging out from what looked like an entrance or exit to beyond the tall concrete walls. They start running towards us, slowing down the closer they get. "New Greenie Alby? One of the boys says. "She doesn't know her name yet," Alby says, I'm in shock at how they aren't surprised I'm a girl with being the first girl in the glade. "This is Ben," Alby says, the same guy who just spoke. I shake his hand and smile at him but not a word comes out of my mouth. "Nice to meet you," Ben says. "And this is Minho, keeper of the runners," Alby says, speaking about the other boy next to Ben. I look at him for the first time, he's a tall Asian boy with black hair. I smile at him, something feels different about him but I just brush it off. He looks at me, smiles and jogs off. "They seemed nice," I say to Alby. "Ben is friendly, Minho has a lot of pressure on him as the other keepers do, he's very close to Newt," Alby said watching them jog off. I'm very curious about this Minho boy I thought in my head.

Then a younger boy comes skipping over, he was the youngest boy I've seen since I got here. "Hey Alby, new greenie huh?" the boy says. "Hey Chuck, yeah meet-" I cut Alby off by accident.
"Y/n, my name is y/n" Alby normally don't like people interrupting him but be smiled at me. "You remember your name," Alby asks. "Yeah" you smile at Chuck. He seems so joyful and Hopeful it's cute, I see him as a little brother. "Well that's the end of the tour, we got to get ready for your bonfire tonight," Alby says. "My bonfire? I ask, confused about what Alby said. "Every time a new person comes up in the box, we have a bonfire to celebrate" Alby explains. "I got you" I reply. Alby and Chuck walk off towards the pit, even though Alby showed me the whole glade I still don't know where anything is. I start strolling towards the forest to try to get my head straight. The further I get into the woods the quieter it gets. Now all I can hear is twigs snapping and leaves crunching under my shoes. All of a sudden I trip over a twig on the floor and my knees dig into a large rock in front of me. "Ah well, that hurt" I laughed just laying on the floor. I must have been laughing quite loud because I heard a voice "what are you doing on the floor, if you wanted to sleep I can take you to the hammocks." the voice laughed. I looked up to see the voice had come from Minho. He put his hand out to help me up and took it but my knee still stung a bit. I laugh, thank him and then sat down on the rock to check my knee. He was standing in front of me as I pulled my black jeggings up to see a large cut still pouring with blood down my knee. I laugh but Minho says "let me take you to the med jack," He said. "I'll be fine it's just a small cut, but he insisted on taking me. I give in and agreed and he walked with me to the but. "Don't tell me our Greenie has had a fall on her first day?" A boy says laughing. "Clint she fell in the woods and she's bleeding quite badly on her knee," Minho said to the boy whose name appeared to be Clint. "It's nothing big just a graze," I say trying not to make a scene. "Your gonna have to take your jeans off so I can look at it properly," Clint said to me. I froze for a second realising 2 boys are gonna see me in my underwear on the first day of being here. It probably won't be a one-time thing I'm thinking with getting changed and showers, not knowing I'd have a separate shower to the others. I slid off my jeggings noticing Minho was staring more than once but looked away every time I caught him. Clint wipes my cut and puts a bandage around it. "It's not too deep you'll survive. Clint says. You smile "thanks Clint," you say as you get your leggings back on and walk out the hut with Minho following close behind you. "Enjoyed that did you Minho," you say to him smirking. "I uh what are you talking about y/n," he says nervously obviously lying. I smile and say "I'll see you at the bonfire" and walk off. He just smirks and watches me walk off. "Don't fall over thin air again" he shouts laughing. I do a 360 smirking at him. A great first day I think.