The Bonfire

The rest of the day went by quickly as soon enough the bonfire came. I rest on one of the trees close to the bonfire when Newt comes over to me. "Hey, y/n how's your first day been" smiling, "well I fell in the woods, Minho found me, took me back to Clint, had to take my jeggings off in front of both of them and then turned out to be nothing" I laughed. "Bet Minho loved that" Newt laughed looking at me. "I did catch him staring a few times but just laughed it off" I laughed. "Minho staring? Minho has never been that type even when we've talked about girls coming to the glade he never took an interest" newt says confused. I just shrugged it off as him being weirdly friendly. Newt passes me a drink, without question I take a sip of it but spit it onto the tree trunk. "What the bloody hell is that Newt," I asked still trying to get the vile taste of something I couldn't even explain off my tongue. He laughs "I don't even know it's Gally's recipe, a trade secret" Newt chuckles. I look around the bonfire at everyone laughing, dancing and having a great time but Newt says out loud "looking for Minho are you" "Newt shut up" you laugh and gently elbow him in the stomach, but he wasn't lying, I was looking for Minho. Then I see him looking at me, Sitting on the other side of the bonfire with the other runners. I smile at him but he quickly looks away before looking back a few seconds later to see if I'm still looking at him which for some reason I was.
Ben notices Minho looking in my direction and turns around to see me looking at Minho, he then whispers something to Minho but Minho just rolled his eyes and turned away.

Newt then led me to a log and told me "to sit behind it and I'll be back in a moment" I was confused but agreed while watching where he went, obviously going to see Minho. He sits next to him and starts talking to him about something I couldn't hear, but whatever it was Minho looked straight at me and smiled. I smiled back before turning back around and just waiting for Newt to return. Finally, you hear the footsteps walking from behind "ah so you finally-" I stopped mid-sentence when realising it was Minho. My mouth left open I was lost at words. I'm not sure why I feel like this but for some reason I was nervous. "Oh hey" were the only words I could word out. "Hey, Newt got chatting to everyone else so I came over so you weren't on your own" Minho says as he sat down about 2 feet away from me. "Have you tried Gally's recipe yet?" he asks. "Yep and that's the last time I do too," I said strictly. Minho starts laughing finding it funnier than I did but his laugh did make me laugh. We went on and on chatting for what only felt like half an hour when in reality it had been 2 hours. Everyone was still drinking and hyper around the fire.

"Have you scraped your name onto the wall?" Minho asked. Laughing from our last joke I said "what are you talking about" he was confused for a second and told me he'd be right back. I watch him walk towards Alby and they were having a short conversation about something again I couldn't hear. He soon jogged back to me and says "I need to take you somewhere" while giving you his hand to help me up but then holding onto it as I walk beside him. It wasn't a cold night but the breeze was there. He took me to the Talk concrete walls and showed me all the names of everyone at the glade there, some crossed out. He gives me a freshly sharpened knife and tells me to write my name on the wall as Alby should have told me to before. I write it just underneath his and give him back the freshly sharpened knife. He chuckles before looking down at me into my eyes, he was at least 5 inches taller than me so I was like a dwarf compared to him. A few moments went by until "There you are" we turn to see Newt walking towards us. He looks up at Minho and says "oh sorry am I ruining anything" Minho must have given him a look, a look to say now's not the right time. "I'll see you later," Newt said without us speaking a word and jogged off back to the campfire. "I should probably get some sleep anyway, it has been a busy day" I softly said as I walked towards my new but the builders had made me since I was the only girl and they respected my privacy, I looked back at him smirking at me. "Don't fall over thin air again
y/n" as he laughs from behind. I turn around and blow a sarcastic kiss to him before turning back around slowly walking to my hut.

Minho's POV:

I watched as the girl I think I feel something for walked off into the trees. Once I couldn't see her anymore I jogged back to the bonfire and joined Newt and the runners still where they were when I left them. The truth is Newt went over to persuade me to go and sit with y/n and honestly it didn't take much persuading. "Where's y/n" Ben asked. "She went back to her hut, it's been a busy first day for her" I replied. "You like her don't you," Ben asked again. I smiled looked down and said "maybe" The conversation went on about her for a while and I didn't mind it, I trusted these boys not to say anything, well Newt might tell her just to make us closer which as long as she didn't feel pressured I didn't mind. "So what are you gonna do about it" Hank, another one of the runners asked. "Nothing I guess, she isn't interested in me" what I said hurt but it was true. "Who wouldn't be into a fit keeper who is also a sarcastic drama momma" Ben says. They all laughed.

y/n POV:

Laying in bed all I could think about was Minho, what would've happened if Newt didn't interrupt, does he actually like me? so many questions filled my head about him. I want to keep in mind it's only my first day, but like I said before, he's different. I knew I felt something for him but I didn't know how to explain it. My memories were washed when I entered the maze so I don't know if I've felt this way before, but it felt nice. Thinking about our jokes we told each other behind the log and the way he looked at me I kept smiling, after a lot of Minho memories I finally managed to drift off to sleep, I wonder what tomorrow had in mind.