Chapter 9: A Spark Of Hope

2 Days have gone by since the meeting at Nighteye's agency. 2 painfully frustrating days, which yielded no results with regards to the case concerning the Yakuza. Even with all those pro heroes hitting the streets no one was able to present any ground breaking news on Eri.

Furthermore the work studies have also been put on hold so that everyone could dedicate their time and recourses to further the investigation, which only resulted in the increase of a sense of hopelessness to bubble up within the U.A students. They couldn't do anything but be consumed by tension and spiking anxiety, knowing that there was a little girl out there enduring whatever horrors Chisaki laid before her, crying for help. Their thoughts constantly streamed to her fearful screams of terror, putting all of them on edge.

After an incredibly stressful day at school (Y/N) lazily made his way to the third years dorm, looking more annoyed than usual, and understandably so. The sunset in the distance, bathing the U.A campus in a warm and inviting orange hue, amplifying shadow.

The male gently ran his gloved fingers over his over the dark circles underneath his half lidded eyes, brushing his [H/C] hair out of his eyes, letting out a loud sigh upon doing so. He opened his cellphone one more time, to check for any updates but was only met with an empty notification bar. He furrowed his brows at this and clutched his phone in his palm.

'Come on...please...find her already damnit.' he thought, clutching his phone tighter, veins popping on his forearm out of frustration 'Find her!' . Before he could apply more pressure which would destroy his phone, he felt a soft hand, delicately place above his.

He snapped out of it and turned his head to his side to be met with the worried eyes of Nejire. He paused for a moment, staring into her baby blue eyes, his mouth ever so slightly agape at the sudden contact. His gaze then drifted to his hand which was still enclosed within hers, staring it almost lost in thought.

"Hey, are you doing okay, looks like you've been losing more sleep than usual?" She asked, a small smile forming on her lips. (Y/N), hesitant to speak nodded his head turning his attention forward dropping his hand to his side. "Yeah, I'm just worried about the girl." he mumbled loud enough for her to hear. She nodded in agreement, her attention also shifting to the dorm building ahead if them as they started to walk together.

"Yeah...I get it. It must be terrible going through what she is right now. I feel so bad for her.." She said, in a surprisingly calm fashion. "I can only imagine how bad Mirio and Midoriya feel right now." he murmured. "I bet she's waiting for us right now. Clinging onto the fragment of hope those two left her. Just thinking about it makes me sick. What twisted fuck would do that to a child..?"

"I agree but its like you said, worrying about it isn't gonna change things, all we can do is to focus on the future. We just need to have hope that Nighteye and the others find her so that we can do our part! So that we can be a ray of hope for her, and be her heroes!" She stated rather confidently, her calm face morphing into a bright smile.

He turned his vision upwards, thinking about what she just said, "Yeah...I suppose you're righ-" he stopped speaking as he felt something at his side. He felt his arm slowly swing in a back and forth motion with his hand still wrapped in something. His eyes darted downwards to see Nejire holding his hand, while swinging hers back and forth, with a child like bounce in her step.

He stared at their hands blankly, mainly because this was merely a common occurrence in their friendship. Ever since they became friends, she'd often surprise him with hugs and spontaneous acts of affection, yet for some reason he still felt his face heat up a bit. He pondered on why he felt a faint flutter in his chest, but decided to pay it no mind in the end .