Chapter 13: Aftermath

The room was now completely empty, nothing but piles of rubble and cold flames could be seen crackling away. It was all quiet until one of the rubble piles started to move, with a Samisu groggily rising up.

His ears were ringing and his vision, partially fucked. He felt as if his head was banging in on itself, causing him a great deal of discomfort. The wind hero let out a groan, slowly standing up and placing a hand on his bleeding head, trying to recall what happened.

Blood streamed down the side of his face as his eyes darted across the room in utter confusion. He ran his hand over his chest which had a large gash running through it, wincing at the contact as he noticed multiple other wounds decorating his body.

"W-what the hell happened..?" he muttered to himself, taking a few steps forward. The room was far more damaged than it was when he was awake. Suddenly, the memories came flooding back the more he looked around.

"That's right...(Y/N) and I were fighting a Nomu...! That bastard knocked me out. Wait!" the teen looked around in a panic, his eyes rapidly scanning the area. "Where the hell is the Nomu!? Wait no, where's (Y/N)??" he questioned as he began limping across the room.

He noticed a large crater in the floor with cold flames scattered all over. He couldn't help but wonder about what happened here. He jogged over to the crater and found a smoking carcass of a humanoid creature, the shape being one he recognized all too well. 

Leaning down he managed to make it out as the Nomu's remains, which made him wonder even more.

He then heard a faint cough. His ears perked up at the sound, causing him to look around cautiously until his eyes landed on another crater in one of the walls. Samisu squinted for a moment, walking to the crater slowly.

A nervous sweat started to stream down his soot covered face before he ran towards the crater. He could make out the body of someone injured laying there.

"Hey are you okay!?" He dashed over to the figure to see of they were okay, which is when he let out a quick gasp. He stopped dead in his tracks, feeling a sense of dread run over him while his eyes scanned the figure closely.

They were badly hurt, their face drenched in their own blood and a scar dragging through their left eye. It was a bit hard to make out, due to long hair obstructing their face, which was worryingly enough, a shade of (h/c). A shade Samisu recognized all too well.

"H-hey...(Y/N), is that you..?" the teen stuttered, standing there in disbelief. (Y/N) then let out another cough, choking on his own blood.

"(Y/N)!" Samisu worriedly called out, dropping to his knees to check on his partner. "Shit shit shit shit! He's in worse shape than I thought." he muttered to himself after analyzing (Y/N).

He darted his eyes back to the Nomu's crater and frowned. "He got caught in an explosion at point blank range...how are you still alive..?" his eyes drifted back on (Y/N) who was barely moving.

"It doesn't matter. Don't worry (Y/N). I've gotcha." Samisu reassured in the most comforting voice he could manage. He slid his arms under (Y/N)'s legs and the other behind his back before hoisting him up.

He noticed a small door with a staircase leading up, so he jogged as fast as he could, though the moment they started moving he heard something.

The subtle sound liquid spilled onto the floor. Samisu felt a stream of crimson blood slosh down his waist and leg, dripping onto the floor. He then noticed (Y/N) weakly clutching onto his side, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Shit. Hey, I swear to God, if you die, I'm kicking your ass!" Samisu thought to himself, starting to pick up the pace. Soon enough he went from limping to jogging up the stairs.