Chapter 1

It was the first year of highschool, and Rinka strolled into the gates with a goal in mind. She was awake late at night, skimming through the offered clubs in the school.

She sat beside her only friend in this concrete fortress, and droned through the lessons for the day. However, she couldn't stop the excitement within her from leaking out.

Her best friend Yataro Yaguchi could sense it as well

"Why are you so excited today?" He inquired. It was rare to see his only female friend so excited and full of life.

He then proceeded to listen to her blabbering about her love for art, the existence of an Art club, and the fact that the next  (and last) period would be art!

"I'm so excited to see our art teacher~" Rinka mused, before she giggled and showed a bright smile.

Yataro smiled too, for his friend's aimless ramblings were much more entertaining than the teacher's monotonous lectures.

...

The moment lessons ended, Rinka dashed out of the classroom, and swiftly made her was to the art room. Yataro was right behind her, following her casually.

As Rinka was one of the earliest students there, she was able to freely choose her seat. She chose to sit in the second row, next to the window. As for Yataro, he sat nearer to the door, two seats away from her.

He muttered a curse for not being able to sit with his friend.

The teacher clapped her hands to get the attention of the class.

"Hello everyone! I am your art teacher for today! My name is Shoko Saeki. You may call me sensei." The teacher was a beautiful old lady.  She has short hair, and appeared slender in a smooth long dress, reaching her knees. She aged in a very elegant manner. Not only that, the smile that she gave the class was full of life.

Stars could be seen in Rinka's eyes. Her lips curled into a small smile.

"For your first art assignment, you may draw your favorite object." Sensei said.

'My favourite object?' Rinka pondered over the question. I like...

She looked at the art materials on her desk. Paintbrushes, pencils and a cup. She then placed the paintbrushes into the cup, and started drawing what she saw.

The smile that was on her face was evident, as she drew.

...

When Mrs Saeki came and peered at Rinka's work, she was pleasantly surprised. All of the shadows and highlights on the objects could be seen. The hair on the brush was very obvious, and the artwork looked real.

She could see the small dent and the shine of the metal cup in her artwork. She could feel the texture and form of the dried paint on the paintbrushes, just from seeing her work. She could see the carvings and scratches on the wooden pencil, and how shiny the mechanical pencil was.

"Oh wow, that's a nice piece of work." Mrs Saeki commented.

Rinka let out a proud smile, before saying, "Thank you, Sensei! I want to join the Art club later if possible. "

" Sure sure. Come here after school." Mrs Saeki said. She was happy that she was able to find someone talented this year. 'She would be a nice addition to the club, ' Mrs Saeki thought.