Chapter 4

The sun and the moon

Mother resembles the sun. Father resembles the moon. Mother works as a barista. Father works as a boss in a large company. Mother works at night, while father works in the day.

Always chasing each other, barely pausing, rarely meeting. However, if they do meet, I look at the eclipse in awe and wonder, as they kiss.

_____

Rinka took out several more canvases, and placed them in the living room. The bright, finished paintings contrasted greatly with the messy, unfinished painting.

Most of them were of a beautiful, youthful lady in various dresses and clothes. Her lips, pulled up, and her face crinkled into a beautiful smile in every painting. Her face, was glowing, with the small bits of pale gold shining through. Auburn brown hair flowed behind her naturally, akin to a river.

The rest were of an elegant man, with a shard nose bridge, and sharper gaze. Often, he was dressed impeccably, but the small wrinkles around his eyes was evident of his exhaustion.

Rinka went to sleep, and left the house like that.

She went to school, and met Yataro at the door. She gave him a small nod and a smile. "Hello Yataro!"

"Hello Rinka. Can you help me with... My art? If I ever do ask you, of course." Yataro fumbled. He rarely asked you of anything nowadays.

You blinked at him owlishly, then lit up like a light bulb. "Sure! You can find me anytime!"

That bubble of happiness stayed with Rinka throughout the entire day.

When she went home, she glanced at the large paintings in the hallway. It trailed from the one nearest to her, to the unfinished one.

She sighed softly, before she went to bed.

'I will finish that painting one day', she swore to herself.