she sings him to sleep

"Do you think you can go back to sleep now?" You asked Aiden, your voice soft and quiet as you tried to soothe him back to sleep.

He woke you both up a little while ago with a scream so loud that it almost made you jump out of your skin.

It was just a nightmare and it took a few minutes to calm him down.

But thankfully, he seems to be feeling better now.

As you lay on one side of his tiny bed and Jisoo lays on the other, his tears have stopped falling and he looked so tired; so exhausted that it seemed as though he was struggling to keep his eyes open.

But still, he was fighting it.

He shook his head and you sighed, wishing he'd just allow himself to fall asleep.

"What do you need, buddy? Need me to check for monsters again?" Jisoo asked but Aiden just shook his head.

"How about a story?" You asked but, again, he shook his head.

"How about a song?" Jisoo asked and Aiden nodded happily, his smile starting to show. "Okay. I'll sing to you. But you have to close your eyes."

Aiden did as Jisoo said and he looked happy to do so.

Jisoo pondered about what to sing to Aiden for a minute before she finally thought about the perfect song.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away."

She repeated the same part a few times.

You didn't move a finger or say a word. You just watched with a flutter in your heart as your little boy drifted off to sleep, as content as can be.

"Guess I'm not the only one who finds comfort in your voice." You whispered quietly, looking between her and Aiden, who was sound asleep now.

She chuckled quietly before kissing Aiden's head.

"It's almost four in the morning. How about we go to back to sleep too?"

"Will you sing me to sleep like you did him?" You asked jokingly as you tiptoed out of his room, closing his bedroom door quietly behind you.

"If you want me to, baby." She smiled as you padded across the hall to your room.

Your relationship is getting serious now. She stays the night here with the two of you more than she stays at her own home and you and Aiden love that.

You curled up to her side and put your head on her chest, listening to her heartbeat.

"We love you. You know that, right?"

Jisoo kissed your head with a smile on her face.

"I know. I feel so lucky and so thankful for that and for both of you. I love you both so much." She whispered as you drifted off to sleep in her arms once more as she quietly sang your favorite song in your ear.