Chapter 1

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The music was blasting through the blonde's ears. Her breathing, heavy and erratic as she danced through the crowd without a care in the world.

It was a first for the young girl; leaving the responsibilities that weighed her down behind to live a little and let loose. But it was refreshing, and she could only wish that the feeling would last forever.

The smile that graced her lips was contagious, and those around her couldn't help but be captivated with one glance, but as she moved to the beat, She was met with a warm breath on her neck, making her heart race and her breath hitch.

She was turned, to be met with a guy whose face held a sly grin, that caused shivers to creep down her spine. The smile that once resided on her lips was gone and fear grew in her eyes and she shifted trying to distance herself from the man in front of her who bore fangs and had bloodshot eyes.

She looked around as she shifted her gaze from the body to body till she saw the two familiar faces that she was looking for in hope of help. She sighed as her and Josh's eyes met, But her relief was short-lived as a man appears behind him that bore fangs and sank his teeth into his neck. Screams suddenly echoed through the walls as everything became chaotic.

Though as she was distracted, the man used the opportunity to sink his teeth into her neck making her close her eyes and grimace.

He removes his fangs from her, She struggled against his grasp. She parted her lips intending to kick and scream her way out, having no intention of going down without a fight, but his wrist is shoved into her mouth unexpectedly, catching her off guard. She was shaking her head vigorously refusing the warm metallic tasting liquid that was forcing itself down her throat as she squirmed to escape his hold.

"You're a fighter, I'll give you that." The man whispered into her ear.

The vampire's gaze moved from Abigail, looking up towards the man who stood above, overhearing the conversation that went on between his friend and Thiery, he looked back to blonde that was in his arms as a plan formed in his head.

"You'd do well as a vampire." He admitted making her eyes grow bigger, if even possible as she heard his statement.

That was the last thing she heard as he took her head in his hands and snaps her neck. Her body was hurdling toward the floor like a pile of bricks, but his hands wrap around her slim figure preventing her from hitting the floor with a thud, he tosses her over his shoulder before taking her away from the party that had taken no notice to the death that had taken place right under their noses.