Chapter 2

Abigail blinked as he looked between her eyes and lips.

Jordan could hear the effect he had on her, as he listened to her heartbeat rise as the space between them lessened, which only made his smirk grow. "You ok there, love" he spoke up a slight British accent lacing his voice. He lifted his hand and brushed her hair out of her face.

'No Abi. I get the bad boy attraction, I mean look at him, but this is another level of bad boy. He bloody killed you. Get yourself together.' She mentally scolded herself, tearing her eyes away from him

Abigail swallowed deeply trying to keep her composure. "Just dandy" she mumbled earning a chuckle from Jordan.

"The best way to learn control is to be thrown in the deep end." He says grabbing ahold of her arm and within a second they were standing in a club.

Abigail's breath hitched smelling the blood flowing through the warm bodies and how their hearts thumped in their chests as they danced along with the music. Her heart rate began to pick up, veins began to surface under her eyes and her gums began to ache. Jordan stood In front of her "Hey, focus on me and block out everything else." she took a breath listening to him intently, as she swallowed trying to fight her urge for blood.

"I know you don't want to hurt anyone here, Abi." She closed her eyes drowning out the humans' heartbeats and concentrated on his heartbeat and his only. 'You won't hurt them Abi' she reassured herself taking a deep breath before opening her eyes and looking up into Jordan's blue eyes and sighed giving him a weak nod.

They moved forward into the crowd, Abigail focused on her breathing avoiding her instinct for blood. She watched as Jordan scanned the room before heading towards the bar. She followed behind leaving a little distance, not being sure of what he was doing. He looked towards Abi before sitting next to a brunette no older than Abigail herself.

"Hello, Beautiful," he said to her earning an eye roll from Abigail. The girl turned to face Jordan, only to look directly into his eyes, which allowed him to compel her. "You will not make a sound."

Compulsion, a neat trick that vampires took advantage of a little too often, but Abigail wasn't one to complain especially as it was something that would benefit her immensely. She watched curiously, seeing how the girl complied so easily to his words.

"I will not make a sound," she repeats blankly.

He turns to Abigail winking at her before veins began to surface under his eyes, and his fangs grew out and he bit into her neck.

The sweet aroma reached her nose, making it difficult to restrain herself from heading over there and ripping the girl's neck open, but she swallowed deeply and bit her tongue making her cringe in pain as she ignored the scent as best she could. She didn't want to hurt anyone. She wouldn't.

Jordan removed his fangs from her neck and wiped the remaining blood from his lips. The girl held fear in her eyes, wanting to scream for dear life but couldn't.
He made his way back to Abi after feeding the young girl his blood and compelling her to forget what had happened.

"I must say, your control for a newly turned vampire is very impressive," he says with a proud smile.

"Yeah it's not as easy as you make it look." she sighs feeling her mouth water from hunger.

"Come on let's get you, someone, to eat." he teases making her eyes grow wide. "Don't worry you won't kill them. The fact that you haven't ripped out someone's throat should be proof of that." His words didn't settle her nerves one bit "Have faith in yourself" he whispered into her ear which caused shivers to crawl down her spine. Why did he have to have such an effect on her?