Chapter 4

Sat in the same stool, holding the same drink. With the same empty stool next to her. It was becoming a habit.

Abigail pulls her phone from her jacket pocket, feeling it vibrate. She looked at the screen but just sighs setting it down in front of her.

"Guess it's just me and you," Abigail says looking at her drink.

"Don't think it's going to answer you, Love" a male voice spoke up, she could basically hear the smirk in it. "Rough day?"

"I think you mean rough night." she corrects "After all, I'm not exactly friends with the sun at the moment," she grumbles, lifting her drink swirling its contents around boredly.

She looks over to the no longer empty seat, "What can I do for the all-powerful Klaus Mikaelson." He chuckles in response ordering a bourbon. "Should I bow in your presence?" she adds childishly but he ignores her comment turning to the bartender named Camille.

"How long has she been here?" he asks looking at Cami and back to the distracted blonde.

"I don't know she was here before I came in for my shift an hour or so ago," she tells him looking kinda concerned for her. She had become a regular for her and was always one of the cheery ones that she would chat with.

Her phone starts vibrating against the bar counter. she had no intention of answering but as it continued, and showed no sign of ending. She groans in frustration lifting it, harshly pressing the green answer button lifting it to her ear.

"What!?"

"Don't be like that, darling," the woman in the other end of the phone slurs. Hearing her voice causes her to quickly sobers up a scowl appearing on her face.

"What do you want mom" she growls lowly, sliding off her stool and walking over to the bathroom, "you don't call unless you want something" she scoffs, but her mother only chuckles at her attitude.

"I need 150, Jimmy said if I don't have it by tomorrow, there'll be consequences," the woman tells her. She had obviously got herself into trouble again with one of her drug dealers. She tended to drink more than her usual amount when she was in such situations.

"Stop bringing me into your mess mom! You got yourself into it you can get yourself out" Abigail spat, she may have sounded harsh, but this wasn't the first time this had happened. If things couldn't get worse, her mother had a habit of involving her whenever things went wrong. This resulted in a number of cases in which Abigail ended up in the hospital as a result of people believing that hurting Abigail would affect her mother. Mind you it did not. Because she already did this to Abigail herself.

"Don't you care about me?" she says trying to guilt-trip her. Abigail just rolls her eyes as she tried to use her usual tactic when trying to manipulate her into doing what she wanted. It may have worked the first time but it surely wouldn't work now.

"Why should I? Because you don't care about me." Abigail didn't let her say anything more and just ended the call.

Abi just sighed just resting her weight on the sink, she looked at the mirror in front of her. Her breathing was becoming uneven. The frustration and anger directed towards her mother heightened with the vampirism. She doesn't know what came over her but seeing the veins begin the surface under her eyes she punches the mirror making it smash and crumble to pieces some falling into the sink, other to the floor.

A young girl came into the bathroom in a hurry hearing the sudden crash. She didn't see Abigail's face as she was looking down into the sink. She saw the blood covering Abigail's knuckles. "Are you ok?" the girl asked concern lacing her voice.