4. Ask Her Out

In the middle of the night, I woke up hungry and horny, as usual. My mouth was dry so I grabbed bottled water on my nightstand and downed it. It was only 2 AM which meant I still had about five more hours of sleep—that is if I can even sleep again. My bed creaked as I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and got up. My eyes hadn't quite adjusted to the dark so I held onto the wall for support until I found the light switch and turned it on.

I was still in my jeans and hadn't changed into a T shirt and joggers yet so I went to my closet in search of some clothes and began changing. Once I was in something more comfortable, I quietly crept into the kitchen, careful to not wake Bondy up. I opened the fridge and was disappointed in the selection of food we had so I decided on a bowl of Special K. As I poured milk in, I realized we were running low so I wrote milk down on the shopping list. The list of things to buy kept getting longer as it was almost the weekend. It was my turn to do the shopping this weekend. I decided to lean against the kitchen counter rather than sit at the table.

I dreamt about Liv and was ashamed of my dream. I barely even met the lass yet I dreamt we were at the pub having pints. She was drunk and so was I and we were flirting all night. The connection was undeniable and she invited me back to hers. As soon as she closed the door, she pinned me against the door and kissed me roughly. Her hands slowly made their way to my belt and that was when I woke up, horny and hungry. I wasn't in the mood for a wank so I focused on eating, waiting for the moment to pass but it didn't so I made my way to the couch and turned on the telly but muted it. There was fuck all to watch so I watched an infomercial on a non-stick kitchen pan. That seemed to do the trick but I ended up being more hungry despite having just eaten.

It was 3 AM when I decided to go back to bed. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and crawled into bed, pulling the duvet over me. As much as I tried to fight it, my mind wandered back to Liv and how I wanted to see her again.

After selling Jim's information, I began looking for her. I didn't have a second name to go off of but figured she'd be friends with Dan on Facebook or Instagram but I couldn't find her. Liv is also short for Olivia so I tried that but no luck. Things would be a lot easier if I had her second name but I wasn't sure how to get that out of Dan without tipping him off that I fancied the fuck out of her. How can you fancy someone you've only met once? Is that how soulmates work? Is there such thing as love at first sight? I didn't believe in that bullshit but some people do.

What bothered me most was that this has never happened to me before, or at least not this quickly. It usually takes me a while before I fancy someone. The worst part was that it was going to bother me that I couldn't find her. I have to gather the courage to ask Dan for her number which terrified me. But what was stronger? My fear of asking Dan or my feelings for Liv? I laid on my back knowing I wasn't going to sleep a wink.

-

Morning came faster than I'd like and I was surprised I had actually fallen asleep when my alarm went off. I turned my alarm off and heard a soft knock on the door which caused me to freeze.

"It's me, Bondy. You alright, Van?" he asked through the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Getting up now," I answered.

I forgot Bondy saw that I got stoned last night. He was checking on me, making sure I was fine and woke up on time for work. I don't deserve him. I made my way noisily to the toilet so Bondy knew I was up. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I was my tired self but luckily my eyes weren't as red as I thought. I got ready for the day and changed into my shirt and jeans, meeting Bondy in the kitchen.

"I think we'll barely make it," Bondy said, waving the carton of milk in my face. "I left some for you. You're going to the store tomorrow, right?"