The Long Wait Of Planica

One of the moments that Anders Fannemel would prefer to forget is that of Planica, in the Team Competition, of the World Cup 2014/15 season. On 21 March 2015, in that competition, Norway, which jumped as seventh in the starting order, lined up Johann André Forfang, Kenneth Gangnes, Anders Fannemel and Rune Velta. The wind was the absolute protagonist, which made it difficult for most ski jumpers. Fannemel jumped third on the Norwegian side and was ready to jump. But the wind picked up speed and he was forced to turn back. Then the wind dropped and Fannemel was back in position to leave. But soon afterwards the wind started to pick up again and the Norwegian ski jumper takes a step back in anticipation of jumping. The organizers had decided to change the gate to allow Fannemel to leave. Anders Fannemel was about to lose his temper and inside he was about to explode with anger. But he stayed focused and was mentally in zen mode. After this wait lasting 5-10 minutes, Fannemel managed to leave. The speed of the flight is 102.0 km and the jump was 219.0 m. Fannemel greeted with a smile of disappointment and bitterness. The wind disadvantaged him in the jump and that didn't help both him and Norway. Despite everything, Norway was ranked third, behind Slovenia and behind Austria. One particular thing that had been seen was Anders Fannemel's skiing. On the back of the ski there were two inscriptions, namely "251.5 m" and "Anders Fannemel". Both writings were dark orange, with a white border. This special pair of skis was a tribute to Anders Fannemel for the previous month's jumping record in Vikersund. It lasted two years, but the memory remains in the minds and hearts of Anders Fannemel and the Hopplandslaget team forever.