World Cup 2018-today

In the 2017/18 season, the Norwegian ski jumper Anders Fannemel has arrived 3rd in Garmisch-Partenkrchen, Germany, in large hill and he winner in Engelberg, Switzerland, in front of the German Richard Freitag and of the Polish Kamil Stoch. In July 2019, Fannemel was injury during a training camp in Wisla, Poland. Anders Fannemel suffered injuries of the ACL and the meniscus. He will have to undergo surgery and will be sidelined for nine months. In October 2019, Fannemel needed another surgery. Despite the setbacks the year, he is not thinking about retirement just yet. The team world champion from 2015 fell to the landing, complaining of pain in his left knee. The doctors' diagnosis was about rupture of the cruciate ligaments and damage to the meniscus. Since then, he had to undergo four operations. Even before last season, he was pessimistic about his return to professional sport. "I felt that from April to August everything was improving, but it is possible that I started putting heavy loads on my knee too soon - he said last fall. - Now the situation is not good again. Previously, the post-workout pain passed after a day, now I struggle with it even for several weeks after light training. Something is wrong. I'm starting to fear that this is the end of my career. We are talking about a long-term injury. There is a long way to go to my pre-injury level. You may need to use common sense and shop around for other jobs at the age of 30. I haven't earned anything as a jumper since my injury. In addition, I am not entitled to state benefits, but I am considering appealing against this decision. This is a strange situation. I have been paying taxes and insurance premiums for years and am now getting no help." Anders Fannemel will miss the entire upcoming season, but he has already set his sights to Beijing 2022. "The next Olympic Games are my first goal now. I have the feeling, that I have a lot more to give on the hill." Words of Anders Fannemel. In January 2021, after an absence of a year and a half, the Norwegian ski jumper Anders Fannemel recovered from his injury and returned to jumping. The Norwegian ski jumping team has included him in the offcial line up for the 2020/21 World Cup season. The Norwegian ski jumping team, as well as its fans, are looking forward to seeing Anders again in World Cup. His return to World Cup will come very soon. But the Hopplandslaget team preferred to postpone the return of Anders Fannemel in the next season and that has extended the wait for a long time. However, Fannemel showed incredible determination and returned to regular training. On the hills in Lillehammer he made about forty jumps this winter. "Everything started working so well that I can jump again - Norwegian is glad. - Nothing will be like before the injury, but as I say, I am able to show jumps. I lost two years of my professional career as a ski jumper. It is very motivating to be close to the start. I feel ready to come back next season. We are awaiting the flying world championships and the Olympic Games. There is nothing better for a jumper." Anders Fannemel is the Alexander Stoeckl's protégé and will be ready to jump into the World Cup 2021/2022 season. The Norwegian ski jumper Anders Fannemel has been included in the entry list of the team Hopplandslaget 2021/22 ahead of the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022. The Norwegian ski jumper Anders Fannemel is busy training as he awaits his return to the top ski jumpers. He not only trains him physically, but mentally as well. "I got my body back, and I did what I had to do. Tests look good and I skipped every week to Lillehammer or Midtstubakken. At the same time, I worked hard to overcome mental barriers. " says Anders Fannemel. To be in perfect shape even from a mental point of view, you have to overcome the barriers. It will still take some patience, but the Hopplandslaget team is looking forward to seeing protégé Anders Fannemel competing alongside his teammates. In August 2021, Anders Fannemel took part in the Hopplandslaget Challenge event, a five-day event where Norwegian ski jumpers compete with each other to win the event. On 4 September 2021, Anders Fannemel took part in the Plastmesterskap event in Lillehammer, valid for the Norwegian championship, in which he finished 3rd, behind Andreas Granerud Buskum and Fredrik Eirisønn Villumstad. The next day, 5 September 2021, he finished 2nd, behind Benjamin Østvold and ahead of Anders Ladehaug. After a long wait of two years since the last international competition, Anders Fannemel returns to compete in international competitions. In fact, on 11 September 2021 he took part in the Continental Cup championship in the Bishofshofen event, where he finished 24th, while the following day, on 12 September 2021, he ranked 7th in ex aequo with his teammate Fredrik Villumstad.