After the begining.

???: "I love you" 

???:... Huh! "

Under the lugnican moonlight stood a young looking black haired teen, I front of him, Emilia the silver-haired half-elf. While Subaru looked confident, sure of every word he was to say, Emilia on the other hand, her head was a mess. 

She must have misheard that, surely… a person like her, her eye looking down as she tried to understand the situation, 'Subaru was reaally nice to me, he even saved my life' finally looking up from the ground to meet his gaze, all she sees is his warm, compassionate hazel eyes, the clarity of his orbs plant a seed of hope in her soul,... But still…

Subaru: "I think it was a 'love at first sight' deal" he shifts around in embarrassment as he continues "I just didn't have time sort out my feelings since everything was so urgent… but now that things have calmed down" he pauses to take a deep breath "I love you Emilia" 

Emilia: "I…what are y… Huh" 

Her jumbled thoughts reflected on her speech as she couldn't utter a single coherent phrase, whether that was caused by the shock of the position she found herself in, or the warm unfamiliar feelings of joy bubbling inside her was beyond her. Joy she almost internally scoffed at the notion, especially since the one giving her such happiness was Subaru, ever since he first met her, he life became nothing but constant hurt, the only one to blame for his suffering was her, yet he just proclaimed his love for her, so why doesn't he hate her, she knew he'd only get hurt more as long as he was with her. But the feeling of warmth never faltered, she was happy…. She sometimes wonders if her selfishness had any limits. 

Emilia: "Subaru… Am a half-elf you know" 

Subaru: "yeah, does that matter?" 

The silver-haired princess stared slack-jawed at the cluelessness of the boy in front of her, everyone, young and old knew of the jealous witch, a terrifying abomination she shared a visage with

Emilia: "Of course it does!" she didn't mean to but the words came out a half shout "am silver-haired half-elf, with amethyst eyes, the spitting image of the witch! People hate me, they'd hate you too if they see you with me!" her amethyst eyes now pooled with unshed tears stare back at the boys' hazel, he looks taken aback at first, his scary eyes gaining sharpness before quickly eyes softening, a thin smile formed to accompany his warm gaze

Subaru:" let me put it to you this way. Your silver hair shines brighter than any star in the sky, your eyes enchante me to no end, and your pointy ears peirce my aching heart." he stops to let that sink in "I adore every part of you, whatever anyone else says, that'll always be true, if you tell me 10 things you hate about yourself, I'll tell 2000 reasons why I love you" 

Tears finally ran down her cheeks as a dam she didn't even know existed within her finally broke. Moving his hand to wipe away her tears Emilia couldn't help but Latch on the warmth of his palm as she guided it to cup her cheek. 

Emilia: "why 2000" 

Subaru: "because a hundredfold isn't enough to express how I feel" flashing a bright smile as he concludes.

Emilia: "am happy, soo happy. I never thought I'd hear that, Is- is it ok for someone like me to feel like that, it seems indulgent"

Subaru: "sure indulge yourself, you really can't have enough joy in life. And if you have so much that it overflows, you can always share it" air blew past as Subaru gives a charming wink, his usual goofy smile still plastered across his face. 

Emilia: "I-I don't know how to love someone yet, and sorry I can't answer you" a grimace formed on her face as she realizes, she was so absorbed in her own gratification that she forgot about Subarus, Puck thought her better than this. 

Subaru:" am not demanding an answer at the moment, you can take your time, step by step, slowly but surely fall in love with me, all am asking for in the meantime is for you to let me stand by your side, let me be your strength, Let me walk with you towards a future where we could both smile if you accept this, then am sure your answer will come sound, and it'll be a positive one at that!"

Emilia:" thank you, thank you so much Subaru"

Hazel and amethyst now gaze into one another clear as the cloudless sky above them, words were no longer needed to them understand one another; they merely maintain eye contact as, under the shining moonlight, they melt into a warm embrace, cementing the new bond between the pair.

It's often said that a butterfly's flap of the wing can cause a typhoon on the other side of the planet, thus is explained the butterfly effect. for Natsuki Subaru, a man fated to suffer again and again for the salvation of his loved ones, a single conversation would send the ripples needed throughout time to finally give him the power he needs to make his journey just a tiny bit easier. Natsuki Subaru life in another world from zero… With a little bit more self-esteem.