hide and seek.

Writing gets better from here. Enjoy and please leave your opinions and criticisms in the comments.
---------------------------------------------------------
Long Blonde hair swayed from side to side with the movements of its owner. Back and forth the woman rocked, the bristles of the broom she held pushed a mound of dirt as she swept the floor of a hallway.

The emerald-eyed lady didn't need to do maid work as it was no longer her job, she simply enjoyed the hard endeavor. Usually, she would be too busy with her student's training to help out with the housekeeping chores, but now that he was away for some time she could reminisce about her past.

Frederica's job was no longer that of a maid, so she wasn't allowed to wear her old uniform even while performing those same duties. Even if it was permitted, she wouldn't have worn it, she simply preferred the attire she currently wore. A black long sleeve shirt and orange pants with black highlights held up by a thick white belt with a zig-zag pattern giving it a look similar to her own sharp teeth.

Overall nothing about it was specifically impressive, what made it special, is that it was hand sewn by her protege, Natsuki Subaru.

She crossed her wrists over the tip of the broom then rested her hand over it, letting the wooden pole support a portion of her weight, she let out a jovial sigh.

Frederica: "Huuuh, what a troublesome boy."

Over the three months they've known each other for, the two have grown extremely close, inseparable even. At first, she planned on keeping their relationship strictly professional. Her coldness didn't last long as the black-haired boy slowly but surely closed their distance.

Eventually, she found herself sitting with him on the garden's grass even after the end of their exercise session, simply chatting for hours on end. The lad's enthusiasm and giddiness over everything he considered cool reminded her so much of her little brother Garfiel.

What set them apart however was Subaru's often surprising maturity whenever a serious subject was brought up, which made conversation with the knight quite enjoyable.

To say that the three months she spent were nothing but pleasant would be a lie. She still remembered vividly that incident a month and a half ago. By then the two were comfortable enough with each other to completely drop their guards.

That day was particularly brutal for the mean eyes knight, first thing in the morning he went to patrol the forests around the village near the mansion. There, he single-handedly put down a migrating pack of wolgram, their numbers in the triple digits. As soon as he came back from his knightly duties, he started his 4 hour-long workout plan. A series of exercises crafted by Frederica for the express purpose of pushing Subaru past his physical limits.

By the end of the four hours, the boy, completely exhausted, fell face-first into the grass of the Mathers mansion, his body demanding a nap. The blond lady, not willing to risk waking up her junior by taking him to his bedroom, chose to lend him her lap.

For two dozen minutes, she sat patiently stroking Subaru's raven-colored hair as he nodded off. Suddenly his muscles tensed and spasmed as he tossed around, his face twitching also. Under his breath, he spoke words that the former maid barely detected even with the aid of her beastly senses. 'Chains' 'guts' 'great fire' 'fallen hero' and 'pride' he squeezed these words on loop with a shaky breath.

Frederica stared down at him, her eyes wide as she struggled to understand what kind of nightmare was afflicting him. Before she could make a move, the boy shot up in a cold sweat, his breathing ragged and expression haunted.