a talk with a demon.

Comfortable heat radiated all around his body. Seeping into his aching muscles, the gentle warmth sucked away his fatigue. Wrapped in the soothing embrace of a soft bed and a heavy blanket, he wanted nothing more than to remain still, basking in comfort for eternity.

After what felt like years of pain and misery, his mind and body, both exhausted, yearned for this evasive solace. Alas, after sixteen hours of sleep his body forced itself awake.

Subaru's eyes fluttered open and what met his drowsy gaze was an ornate ceiling. Pearl white in color, it was high and its edges were crafted and painted with exquisite detail.

Subaru: "...A familiar ceiling."

More of a statement than a question, Subaru pointed out his recognition of the room's design. Speaking of rooms, the one he resided in was huge, way bigger than the guest rooms in the Mathers mansion, even the one he transferred to after his knighting was lacking in compression.

The raven-haired boy tried to get up only for a strong yet dull pain to flare up around his abdomen. His head dropped back onto a fluffy pillow and he gave a tired sigh. Every muscle he tried to move exhibited the same level of soreness. 

Subaru: "Ugh, feels like an army of ants crawling all over me. This sucks, give me a break already!"

Unhappy with the state of his body, Subaru shouted out his misfortune. His voice was only a degree or two above normal but his lungs burned all the same. 

The reason behind such discomfort was a delayed side effect of superposition. The original spell worked in such a way as to render its user absolute. To put it simply, Superposition factored in all possible states of being the user could be in and subsequently carved the perfect path toward the user's desired end.

Consequently, seeing as Subaru had been using Superposition mainly as a tool for combat, the spell forced his body into a state of hysterical strength. 

A state in which the human body, under immense stress, produces high amounts of adrenaline and inhibits its self-imposed limits. This phenomenon had been observed to grant average people the strength to lift cars at the cost of heavy muscular and nervous damage at a later date.

Continuous use of this state would spell disaster for any normal human back on earth. That said Subaru was anything but normal. By his arrival in this new world, he'd become far physically superior to anyone back home. As such his body only sustained debilitating soreness.

Subaru: "Thought Ferris would have fully healed me…"

Maneuvering his stiff muscles, he pulls down the blanket revealing a body garbed in what looked like a bathrobe. He pulled the robes to the sides exposing his well-built chest then his eyes flick towards his right forearm.

The thin layer of minya covering his chest and the purple cast on his forearm was no longer attached to him. On his chest was a large round scar and on his forearm were three long wounds running down its length. Left by the sin archbishops of greed and sloth, these injuries were permanent reminders of their existence carved straight into Subaru's flesh. He reached over and picked at his chest.

Subaru: "Hmm, Ferris probably healed those."

Speak of the devil, upon bringing up the feline demi-humans name the door to his room swung open. In walked the demi-human dressed in his signature blue dress. When his eyes met Subaru's he huffed and pointed a finger at him. With his hand on his swayed hip, the healer frowned.

Felix: "Nya! Subaru, you've been asleep for half a day and you're still dilly-dallying in bed, don't be lazy!"

As he shouted with a cheeky grin across his cute face, Ferris sauntered around the bed to stand over its side. Unimpressed, the raven-haired boy returned the cat boy's teasing with a deadpan expression.