chapter 18.

if i were the moon
i would want u to be my night

۵

The two stared at one another, sharing the same disbelief across their faces. They were confused and angry. More so Louis. They hadn't really said much since their conversation with Rosiah other than Louis' mumbled profanity followed by Harry's nods of agreement.

"What did she mean our wishing?" Harry finally asked. "

"You know, to be such a shy one you sure do ask a lot of questions." Louis said.

Harry frowned. "That was my only question..."

Louis fixed his hair and swept it to appear effortless across his forehead. He cleared his throat. "Let's go."

Harry stared, wanting to be able to admire Louis forever. His eyes scanned over his petite figure wanting to capture the essence that was Louis' beauty. He took in only what he's taken in multiple times before.

The two weren't really sure where they were heading. Louis didn't own a car and Harry had walked so the two simply continued on down the long dirt road, skipping rocks and occasionally looking behind them to make sure they weren't being followed.

"It's really dark out here," Harry broke the silence. He was slightly panicking as he could not see out to the sides of the road. So many weird things had been going on in his life recently, he was starting to actually believe in all the scary films he's watched. Seriously this time - not just from his paranoia.

"It is," Louis agreed as he looked back again. "We'll be fine though, don't worry." He smiled at him.

Harry smiled back but it didn't reach his eyes. As beautiful as Louis' smile was it didn't seem to soothe over how anxious he actually was.

"What if we speed this up?"

Harry looked over. "Speed what up?"

"This." Louis gestured down to his tattoos. "She said once whatever appear, we will know it's over."

Rose and Dagger, Harry thought. How could he forget? That's all that has been on his mind. What did they mean? Why a rose and a dagger and who would get what?

"Over so that means this ends." Louis continued. "So let's quickly end this and let it be done with."

"But," Harry stopped walking. "How do we even do that?"

"What do you mean, Harry? By touching obviously."

Harry shook his head. "No, what we would just touch each other until we got to the rose or dagger?"

Louis thought it over. He thought of every possible way the two could go about it. He wondered if there was a way the markings could appear without bringing them pain.

"I guess?"

"No, it would be too painful." Harry said. So maybe he was a little baby when it came to getting hurt.

"Pussy."

"Louis," Harry exclaimed as he laughed. He hadn't expected Louis to insult him let alone call him such a thing.