chapter 8.

we've got to live,
no matter how many skies have fallen.

۵

"Louis, wai-" Harry managed to croak out as he tried keeping up with the, very fast, smaller man.

Harry was an absolute mess. He was heaving and puffing and felt like he couldn't breathe. Harry's mind took him back to grade school when he would almost pass out from simply doing a lap around the gym. His horrible coughing was what finally made Louis look back over his shoulder.

"Yo, you good?" He came to a stop, finally letting Harry take a breather. The curly haired boy immediately bent over, propping himself up on his knees. He stayed there for a second letting his heartbeat return to a normal pace.

"Jesus Harry, you have no physical condition whatsoever."

"M'fine." Harry coughed out, standing back up.

"You're... so fast."

"Harry, not a compliment."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion not understanding as he picked up his left hand once again, rubbing his wrist. It only stung earlier but now the pain was becoming unbearable.

"My hand feels like it's on fire." He mumbled quietly looking at the ground. Every time he looked at Louis, an image from what he saw the morning before flashed into his mind. He couldn't get that stupid image out of his head. Louis' hands rubbing her body were only haunting him more and more.

The feeling of his heart breaking returned.

"Shit, so does mine. It's probably that girl's money. Probably made out of some expensive material us poor people can't touch."

Harry couldn't help but giggle at Louis' foolishness.

"I still can't believe you stole it." Harry groaned, covering his face.

It was silent for a second as Louis stared at the younger boy covering his face before he chuckled. "I had to do a double take when I saw you. Seeing how flustered you had those girls when usually you're the little shy one truly surprised me."

Harry's hands dropped though his face was tinted the prettiest pink shade. "I'm not shy."

"Saw that." Louis scoffed. "So why are you now?"

"Am I now what?"

"You're usually so nervous and jittery. Either you were putting on an act then, or you are now."

"Girls don't make me nervous." Harry mistakenly said.

"W-I mean like, I can talk to girls. Meeting new people does make me nervous though. Just depends I don't know." Harry quickly tried to fix his mistake.

As if on cue, he began to get nervous. This territory was not good for Harry. He was in no condition right now to explain to Louis why his dick rose only to him and not anyone else. Especially not to girls.

"Right." Louis had a tone to him but thankfully he dropped the subject.

"Seriously though, I think we must have ran through the wrong bush or something." Louis grunted, rubbing the back of his hand across his jumper as he attempted to relieve the itching.

"Let's head back, get something for the allergy." Louis said as he signaled to Harry to follow him back towards the drive-in.

"Ow, it's so red." Harry went into conversation with himself as he trailed behind. He was examining his wrist now, seeing something almost like a rash begin to appear. "Gross."

"Don't scratch," Louis called out as he walked. Harry stopped mid scratch. He let his hands drop back down to his sides.

"W-What if we see those girls?"

"Harry, come on. Don't tell me you're scared of some girls." He could hear Louis call out from ahead.

They began to hear the chatter of people the closer they got. He saw Louis heading towards his concession stand, probably taking him back.

Harry was going to add that, as a matter of fact, some girls can actually be pretty tough. Like his friend Rue he wanted to say. She was a pretty hardcore woman, she could surely take them both if she wanted to. Or Harry's ex neighbor who one time yelled at him for not keeping his cats inside. But he kept quiet.

"What, no."

"Liar."

Harry finally jogged ahead, walking beside Louis now. "Am not, we just stole. Is all."

"Well you didn't, technically." Louis cocked his head towards him. "I did so chill."

"You're not taking the fault for me. If you get in trouble then, well, me too." Harry huffed. He didn't like how Louis was making him feel so small and vulnerable.

His little side disagreed but right now wasn't the time.

The boys feet both came to a stop instinctively. "Okay," Louis smiled. "We both go down."

And Harry smiled too. Feeling proud of himself.

Louis looked around, checking for the girls before they crossed the parking lot and over towards Rue, remaining invisible to the richmoneys - as Louis called them.

۵