Chapter 10 Possesion

"Uhm David, maybe you should get out of there." Mr. Conell says worried.

Cora starts walking towards David in a slow creep. He starts to slowly back up in fear. She starts to hum in an eerie tune and gives us a smile. Before we even had time to react, the lights went pitch black and a loud bloodcurdling scream erupts. My heart is pounding a mile per minute and my body is shaking.

I am so scared right now and feel so helpless at the same time. I try to look for mom and John in the darkness using my hands to feel the walls. Something sticky and wet makes me jump and I give a small scream. That is the moment when the lights came back on and Cora is laying on the floor twitching. David is in the corner with widened eyes breathing at a fast rate. I let out a big sigh and relief, that almost gave me a heart attack. I'm surprised that I was nowhere close to fainting from this situation. It scares me how I can even handle all this weird drama that's going on.

"Is everyone all right?" David asks. Mom and John were fine but they looked a bit pale. They both nodded their heads in unison answering David's question. I sort of nod my head but inside I knew I am definitely not okay.

Mom rushes toward Cora kneeling down beside her. She looks so peaceful right now that it almost seemed like a dream. Her chest rises and falls slowly up and down. Cora gets up letting out a rambunctious gasp, she is clutching her chest staring at us with wide eyes. Tears start to flow freely out of her eyes and I feel wetness upon my face.

"Mom, what's happening to me?" Cora cries.

"I don't know honey...I don't know.." Mom whimpers.

John rests a hand on my mom's shoulder. Mom just shrugs it off hugging Cora even tighter. A flash of pain shows on John's face but it goes away as fast as it came. Mom breaks down bursting in tears muttering why over and over in a hushed voice. A knot twists in my stomach seeing her like this. It's like a punch through the gut and a stab in the heart. Cora is looking up at all of us with beady eyes. Poor Cora, I thought. This must be terrifying for her and a lot to take in all at once.

"I'm sorry to interupt but could we ask your daughter a couple of questions in private?" Mr. Grant asks.

"Now why the hell do you need to do that for?" John spits.

I see Mr. Grant flinch for a millisecond before he gains his composure. For once, I actually agree with John. Why would they need to ask Cora questions? Do they not see that she has internal problems? Mom stops crying and gives Mr. Grant a staredown. Mr. Grant doesn't give in and he stares right back with his arms crossed. David gives a quiet grunt and steps forward.

"We promise it'll be quick." He says.

Mom lets out a big sigh giving in to him. "Okay fine I guess ."

"The waiting room is this way..." Mr. Grant ushers.

Mom and John follow him and I follow them. Cora is led to an office by David. I see her give me a quick worried glance. I nod my head at her mouthing 'you'll be fine'. We take our seats and wait for Cora on a huge, ugly, and grey couch that looks as if it has seen better days.

************************************

Cora's P.O.V

I didn't want to leave my family and go into questioning. But I guess I didn't really have a choice in that matter. David guides me into his office motioning me to sit in one of his chairs. I nod and take a seat.

"So you must be wondering why you're here?" David asks me while offering me water. I take it and drink the whole glass in one gulp. I shift in my seat uncomfortably nodding my head.

"Well, we were wondering if there is any emotional or physical abuse going on in your family." He says that as a statement rather than a question. Confusion plasters on my face and he give me a small smile. I sigh and roll my eyes at him, you could say I'm stubborn. But hey, I had a long day and I'm beat. I just want to get some sleep. Sleep hasn't come easily to me in a while now and I'm worried I might have insomnia.

"Well no, this has nothing to do with my family.." I hiss.

David holds up his hands while shaking his head. "Woah, I was just wondering. No need to get all defensive." I groan in frustration, I see this is gonna take a while. My eyes wander around the room gathering in my surroundings. I feel David's stare burning through my skin making me feel uncomfortable.

"Look, can I just go?" I ask nicely.

"Don't you want to know what's happening to you?"

"Of course I do, but you make it seem like you think it has something to do with my family. That is where you're wrong."

"Okay I believe you.....but there is also something else. That house you live in...do you know the history that goes along with it?"

"Yeah I know it use to be a funeral home and a man commited suicide up in the attic."

David looks at me impressed with my calmness. He nods to himself while contemplating what to say next. His mouth twitches and his face turns into a worried frown. I look at him asking him what's going on with my eyes.

"I think you may be possesed and you'll need to be excorcised on immediately before it's too late."

"Uhm, come again?"

"You're possesed."

My mouth quivers slightly before I burts out into laughter. He just sits there staring at me with pity and confusion. I see his expression and my stomach drops to the floor. I'm possesed? What?! NO! This can't be, why? This doesn't make any sense to me. Who is possessing me? Blood drains from my face and I feel like I'm going to pass out. David shoots me a look of concern. I start breathing faster hysterically. Its Karl.

"Are you alright?"

"No!" I jump up and knock over the chair. His face changes from concern to fear. My face is fuming and I feel heat course through all over my body. Anger boils on the surface and a part of me is scared of what might happen. Another part of me likes this feeling of feeling alive and powerful. Andrenaline pumps through me making my heart beat a mile a minute.

I can't even recognize my own voice anymore or control what I'm saying. "You incosiderate bastards." David's eyes widen in amazement at what I just said. A voice in my head makes me stop. Kill him. Do it Cora, I know you can. My skin is crawling and I start shaking. Sweat forms on my forehead and I reach to wipe it away. It's definitely not sweat, it is blood. At this point I felt dizzy and nearly close to collapsing. If you won't do it, I will. My whole body lunges forward and I feel nothing. I feel like a puppet on strings, a sinister evil has taken over my body.

My hands are at David's throat, he struggles beneath my grasp breathing heavily.

"Stop!" he croaks. "Help!"

Mr. Grant and my family burst into the office with shell-shocked expressions.

"Cora! What are you doing? Stop it!" My mom cries.

I ignore her and continue to choke David. His face is turning into a lovely shade of red and seeing it gives me a sort of power and andrenaline I never felt before. It is undescribable and prominent at the same time.

**********************************************************************

A/N Sorry for making you guys wait so long for a new update. But here it is. How did you guys like it having in Cora's P.O.V ? Please tell me if you guys want me to do more of Cora's P.O.V or nah. It would help a lot to know what you guys think and want. Thank you guys again as always whoever is still conitinuing to support my story. I'm so amazed and happy to STILL see my book at the top 1000 on the HORROR charts.  Anyways..... what are your thoughts on Cora? If so what is she going to do? Tell me what you think guys. Feel free to critique me on any mistakes or if you'd like to see something more developed into the characters,

Please Vote, Comment, or Share

Shi-Jiuan Du