Chapter 12 The Exorcism

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait for an update. I've been busy with preparation for finals and tests. But here is an update and I hope you guys enjoy!

Cora is now fully awake on the couch with a terrified look on her eyes. Francis hovers over her, chanting. I throw Cora a look of assurance and she seems to calm down a bit. I've always loved horror movies because they never seem to scare me.

Since I watch so many horror movies, I have somewhat an idea of what an exorcism will look like. I dread for the pain Cora may face soon in the extraction of the demon inside of her. But it will be all worth it in the end. Maybe our life will actually go back to it's normal, annoying self. No harm in wishing for the inevitable.

"I cast you out, unclean spirit, along with every satanic power of the enemy, every scepter from hell, and all your fallen companions; in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Be gone and stay far from this creature of God. For it is He who commands you, He who flung you headlong from the heights of heaven into the depths of hell. It is He who commands you, He who once stilled the sea and the wind and the storm. Hearken, therefore, and tremble in fear, " Francis takes a deep breath before continuing.

Cora starts screaming and crying at the same time. Mom makes a move towards her but Francis hold up a hand to stop her. John holds mom back comforting her by rubbing her back. It is torture to watch Cora in so much pain. I can almost feel the pain she's going through running through my veins. A hushed voice calls out.

No!

You won't succeed...I'll be here forever......!!

"Satan, you enemy of the faith, you foe of the human race, you begetter of death, you robber of life, you corrupter of justice, you root of all evil and vice; seducer of men, betrayer of the nations, instigator of envy, font of avarice, fomenter of discord, author of pain and sorrow. Why, then, do you stand and resist, knowing as you must that Christ the Lord brings your plans to nothing?

"The lights are now flickering wildly and a chair is flung across the living room. It makes us all jump at the same time except for Francis.

Francis is in a deep concentration, acknowledging nothing. Cora lets out another bloodcurling scream making my blood boil. I watch her eyes flutter wildly. Her whole eye is black and blood seeps out of her eyes in the form of tears. She no longer looked like my sister but some hideous monster.

" Fear Him, who in Isaac was offered in sacrifice, in Joseph sold into bondage, slain as the paschal lamb, crucified as man, yet triumphed over the powers of hell. Be gone, then, in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Give place to the Holy Spirit by this sign of the holy cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, God, forever and ever."

Her screams finally faded to a small whimper. Tears of blood stained her cheeks making her look sinister.

"Is it over? I don't think I can take it anymore...." Cora cries. I stare at Francis in amazement. That is a lot to remember, I thought. I'm worried though, did the spirit really go away? Francis snaps me out of my reverie bringing me back.

"Yes, you are free from the unholy spirit. May you live in peace." Francis says.

"Is that all?" Mom asks, "Is she going to be okay?"

"Yes to both those questions."

John lets out a disgruntled huff at Francis earning a glare. "Excuse me, what was that for?" Francis questions distastefully.

Mom shoots John a look of disapproval making me divulge a miniscule giggle. Francis looks at me like I'm crazy and John gives me the double-o. I couldn't believe the childishness of the situation.

Here we are doing an exorcism on Cora and they decide to start pointless childish behaviour. They are unbelievable. Mom just shakes her head at me sighing. I let out a sigh trying to clear my head. Cora comes over and gives my hand a reassuring squeeze. I squeeze her hand back in return.

"We can't thank you enough, " Mom says starting to choke up.

"It was no problem," Francis brushes off before he quickly rushes out the door.

John gives mom a confused and suspicious look. Mom just shrugs brushing it off. Cora is comforted by my mother and John. A huge yawn escapes from me draining me of debilitation. I couldn't help but notice the time, the living room clock read midnight. My mom looks over and also realizes the lateness.

"Okay, everybody needs to go to bed and get some rest!" Mom orders while letting out a small yawn.

Cora sighs and goes up the stairs with me following closely behind her. The next thing I knew, my eyes were drooping.

*************************************************************
A/N Okay, so I've been getting lots of people telling me to make my chapters longer. This book will only have short chapters. But keep in mind that since longer chapters take longer, updates will take time. Thank you guys again for all your love and support.

Please vote, comment or share.

Shi-Jiuan Du