Z

Marinette found herself on the floor starring at the ceiling scattered with morning sunlight, contemplating the events of the night before. The more she tired to picture her conquest's features the cloudier her recollection became.

Marinette could feel the heat of his bare skin up against her, hidden underneath a wafer-thin sheet. Goosebumps lined her arms as his lips softly grazed her skin as he breathed in and out. His face buried into her chest and his arms clenched tightly around her hips. Their legs intertwined as if they were two halves made whole again. She could feel his heartbeat calm and steady unlike her's. 'Thump...Thump.' 

She was waiting for the endorphins to die down and the panic set in. 'ChatNoir and I had... Sex.' Marinette  repeated as trying to convince herself it actually happened. She wove her fingers into his mane. A blend of lemon custard, cinnamon, and a few strands of powder sugar waves whisked together to form something so radiant... so dreamy... so carefree. She bit her lip to prevent herself from wishing, to wanting HIM in ChatNoir's place.

She sabotaged herself, a habit that wouldn't go away just like the pheromones she loathed. Marinette would have to live her life as an Omega and a hero. Heats and all. 'I had sex with ChatNoir' 'I had SEX with ChatNoir' 'I HAD SEX with CHATNOIR.'

Her anxieties raised with each reputation. She would have to face the consequences of her own actions. It sunk her stomach to unknown depths thinking she had been so selfish. Risking her friendship, her partnership all for a quick fix.

She had been in predicaments in which he nearly found out her identity and even a few where he did. ChatBlanc a name that was as mysterious as the man, she meant. No witty flirtation for his favorite lady. He called her real name with his unsteady voice. "Mari..nette."

It was like pins and needles to her ears. To hear such torment in one name. She wanted nothing more to prevent him from reaching that state. It was best for him not to know. 'What about me? Is it best for me to close my eyes and let him leave? Or to know and help him? Prevent ChatBlanc from ever being released again?'

To keep the moments in which he would drop one liners even if they were crude or pain stupid. She scolded him everytime he even thought of saying one but she would be lying if she said she didn't come to enjoy the attention that came along with them.

"I think I could fall madly in bed with you. LOVE, I SWEAR I MEANT LOVE!" 
"Do you want to know how I got these muscles? Picking up beautiful women like you." "Kiss me if I'm wrong, but fish can fly, right?" "Thank god I have life insurance. Because you make my heart stop" " Must be the French in me because Eiffel for you." 

Most sealed with a eye roll and a kiss on the hand. Even when she was out of costume she couldn't escape ChatNoir's pinning for Ladybug. A lone iron Ladybug stood on a large platform and her real life feline stood in front rocking on his heels.

Ladybug could not attend the event due to personal matters. That unbeknownst to ChatNoir was because the Dupain-Cheng bakery was hired for the event celebrating Ladybug's contributions.

She could tell that he was a little put off that his statue couldn't be finished. The sculptor that was commissioned for the event all of the sudden could not get ChatNoir's sculpture done. She walked back and forth setting up dessert displays as she did so she overhead ChatNoir. "I may not go down in history, but I will go down on you." to the statue. To people who say practice makes perfect in ChatNoir's case that would be an out right lie.

It was a hot summer day and without thinking she replied, "That is one to get your daily dose of iron."

ChatNoir was not someone who could handle friendly jest nor a reverse card in the romance department. A scaredy cat if you will. And this scaredy cat's true self was only a look away. Her worst fear tugged at her; confrontation. She had made it clear that the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous holders shouldn't reveal their identity especially to each other. But 'What if's' clawed at her.