Part One - The First Day

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"

I groaned loudly, throwing a pillow over my head. Was it morning already?

I didn't bother hitting the snooze button. Instead, I picked it up with great care before chucking it across the room. It hit the wall with a loud "BANG". A few pieces flew off of the delicate machine, spreading across my room. It'll probably still work tomorrow, I thought.

Then, a sudden realization hit me.

"Oh no, I'm late!" I blurted. I threw the cozy covers off of me, rushing into the bathroom. I pulled my long (H/C) locks away from my small face. I brushed through my hair carefully, staring at my Ocean blue orbs in the mirror while I did. 

My toxic father would be furious if he saw my hair like this.  I thought to myself. It's not like he loves me anyways. I'm too awkward, shy and clumsy to fit in. Heck, I spend half my entire life tripping over raised parts of the sidewalk! No one will ever love me.

After fixing my hair into a messy bun, I slipped on a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. I hope I won't mess up on the first day of High School!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On my way to school, I ducked behind trashcans, lampposts, and anything I could use to hide behind. After all, I couldn't let the popular girls see me! They bully me all the time and it makes me cry. It's not like I could stand up for myself. Now that's unheard of!

I let out a sigh of relief when they faded from view. The next thing I had to do was go through the hallways, which were worse.

As I entered the hallway, every head turned to stare at me. They probably weren't looking at me because I was walking down the hall like a normal person. No; they were probably judging me. I bet the popular girls told everyone at school about my weirdness!

 It was the first day and I was already being made fun of.

Each step down the hallway earned me another stare.

When I finally reached the classrom, I hid my face behind my backpack. As I did, I unpredictably tripped over someone's foot. The entire class burst into laughter; pointing and mocking me.

How was I supposed to know backpacks weren't transparent?

"Y/n, you're late!" The teacher spat, silencing the class' snickers. 

I was barely able to meet the teacher's eyes, ashamed of what I had done. Their poor foot.

"S-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-sorry," I stuttered.

The teacher glared down at me with disapproving eyes. And I bet the rest of the class was too.

"Alright," The teacher chided, "Let's start on today's lesson. Y/n, go to your seat you unskillful human being!"

I kept my head low; focusing only on my feet as I headed to my desk. As the teacher started to talk, a (probably cute) guy elbowed me on the shoulder. I turned my head to look at him. He had silky black hair that somewhat hung over his face. He also had bright-neon periwinkle lavender grape indigo orbs. They seemed to take interest in my curious, sea colored ones.

"Hey," The boy swooned, as if talking during class was completely acceptable. "My name's Ashton. I think you look really attractive. Wanna talk about all your problems to a person you literally just met?"

"S-sure!" I sputtered, a blush coating my cheeks. It was great to know there was someone out there who understood me-- and someone cute, too!

I spent the entire rest of the class period talking about my life problems. I told him about my toxic father who lived in a different state, leaving me all on my own. The rest of my family was dead, obviously from car accidents where only I survived. I told him about my awkwardness and the popular girls bullying me. After I finished, I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. 

Ashton gently grabbed me by the shoulders, taking me by surprise. I stared into his mysterious orbs, watching a serene smile form on his face.

"Y/n, I care about you more than anyone in the world. I don't care that I just met you... I mean it! It's not like I'll actually try to help you with your problems or  make your life better. But you can continue simping for me, if ya want."

He winked. The small gesture left me blushing uncontrollably. I shyly avoided looking into his bright-neon periwinkle lavender grape indigo orbs. He was so handsome... and I didn't deserve him. I just didn't! He actually listened to what I had to say. He-- he noticed me!

"I... I have to g-go!" I blurted, bolting out of the classroom.

Yep. Just like that.