1.6 Die For Her

EXTREME GORE WARNING

They walked past the beach until they stopped on the other side of the forest. They were set between a field of tall, pale grass and the end of the woods. Instantly, they set up their individual tents and perched their water supply in the middle. Aster immediately got to building another firepit since the weather caused them to shiver. Ezra was set against a tree stump until they figured out a different spot for him. His eyes could hardly stay open, and he had begun to throw up at unexpected times. Rarity noted this. He would have to eat something soon -- if he managed to survive.

Jasper's mind was full once more. He had tried to let himself breathe for a moment, but he couldn't help but think about Blaire and Dahlia. The consideration that they might escape and head back to camp-- only for them to not be there made him feel queasy. He would never forgive himself. For the good of the group, however, he felt as if he did well. Their attackers surely wouldn't find them.

Rarity discovered a thin log by the field and grabbed it. Using a separate stick, she carved letters into it. 'SEFARINA' it read. She proceeded to set it in front of their group of tents. It gave them a more homey feeling, though they continued to wish they had never been sent down in the first place. It was hard to believe they were once excited to be on the ground.

"Hey," Rarity approached Jasper, lips nearly touching his ear as she whispered, "I'm going out for Blaire and Dahlia tonight."

He turned to face her. Her expression was wiped with determination. It was clear to him that there was no talking her out of it. As terrified as he was, he owed it to both Dahlia and Blaire. They've helped him greatly since they landed. He decided it was only right to return the favor.

"Okay." He muttered back. "After Aster puts out the fire tonight, I'll meet you by the firepit. We can go together."

"I'm going to steal Aster's gun."

Jasper immediately shook his head, "They'll kill us if they see the gun. Going unarmed will help us make peace with these people."

"I don't want peace with these people. I want them to die. They took my best friend." Rarity's brows furrowed.

"They will definitely kill you before you get the chance to kill them." Jasper frantically whispered, "You're going unarmed or not going at all. We have to show these people our intentions are anything but bad."

Rarity scoffed, "Whatever."

With that, she walked off. After a moment of contemplating, he regretted his request to join her. It was a suicide mission. They would surely be killed equipped or not. Though, he decided not to turn back on his decision. Hopefully, nobody would be awake as they searched for Dahlia and Blaire -- leaving with the both of them alive.

"I know you're still going out," Aster began, startling the shorter teen and causing him to turn around quickly to face him. "Don't worry. I'll run the place when they kill you, you fucking idiot."

Jasper furrowed his brows, "Why are you so comfortable with letting people die?"

"Because I'm not the one dying."

Jasper was shocked at this sentence, though he expected it.

"Well, I care about Dahlia and Blaire, and I'm going to save them."

Aster let out a low chuckle, shaking his head, "Good fucking luck. You've known Dahlia for -- what -- two days? You've talked to Blaire, like, once."

"Dahlia has done a lot for me since we've landed, and Blaire has saved my life!" Jasper grew defensive, "I'm their leader, and I promised I would put their life before mine. It's time to show my people that. Actions speak louder than words."