Chapter 7

Sighing, he began to reply,"Well I-"

His phone started ringing.

Apologetically, and evidently relieved, Zayn took his phone and took a few steps down the hall for privacy.

Looking around, I saw a broom, dust pan, mop and water bucket. It seemed like he was about to get down and dirty in some house work.

"...Yeah, yeah I understand- What no I'm not coming- No! I did not move all the way across the country just for you to drag me ba- Mother! Do no expect me to show up, goodbye," Zayn ended the call exasperatedly.

"I don't want to intrude or anything, I can come back at a later time?" Although I was desperate for answers, he seemed really frustrated.

"No it's fine, just have a seat- sorry, 'm place is a bit dusty and all being that I just moved in and whatnot."

His black leather couch was so comfortable, I almost fell asleep on it. I was waiting for him to wrap up whatever he was doing previously, before my surprise visit.

I heard a snapping sound and looked around, only to find a little glass tank I hadn't seen before which held a turtle.

"Who's this?"

"Boris, my mum got him for me as a moving away gift. First instinct was to flush him but I quite like the company and he's low maintenance so."

I giggled, "Of all names, Boris?"

This boy was full of surprises.