Chapter 1

An unearthly shriek is emitted from the black iPhone lying on my nightstand. I scramble to shut off the disturbing sound in order not to wake up the rest of the North American continent. I blurredly check the time and realize it's 6:30, half an hour until I have to head to the bus stop. I lazily try to fight my way through the tangled sheets around my feet, only trapping myself further.

When I finally get out, my bare feet touch the freezing cold floor and I yelp in response to the freezing hardwood. After heading to the bathroom and freshening up, I throw on a clean outfit and head downstairs.

The smell of bacon fills my nostrils as I descend and my stomach rumbles in response. The kitchen counter has two identical plates set, each holding some bacon, toast and eggs. Anne, my roommate made us breakfast, as usual, providing some motivation for waking up in the morning. After eating, I thank Anne and head out for the bus.

When I got inside I met Andrew, my brotha from anotha motha.
"Hey" I said as I hugged him, inhaling his cologne.

"Hey Dani, who do you have first?" he asked, putting in his locker combination while doing so.

"AP Lit, what about you?"

"World history," he groaned, making me laugh at his despair.

"Come over later, Anne's going out we'll order some take out."

"Alright, see you then."

Please vote and comment!