Chapter 3

Andrew and I met at the cafe down the street from our school where we'd grab a bite sometimes before going home. It was an easy two minute walk down the street after dismissal, once you got out of the deadly crowd. I loved this place so much because of the homey environment it provides.

Also, John and Angelina, the café owners made my favorite treats. After the hellhole that is school, you always need a place to relax.

I ordered my favorite chocolate croissant and a hazelnut coffee.
Soon, it started turning dark and Andrew and I headed our separate ways home. Andrew lived a few streets behind me.

When I got home, I realized the house that had been for sale down the street was occupied. There was a big moving van in front of it and a small Mercedes Benz parked in its driveway. Finally, after 5 years the house finally found an owner, I wonder who it was.

I decided to find out. I headed down the street as the moving van drove away and the front door closed.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer it. Nobody answered. I was positive someone was home, I'd just witnessed them close the door a few seconds ago.

As I turned to go home, I saw someone poke through the closed curtains. I waved, but they vanished as fast as they'd come. What a strange thing, I thought.

Please vote and comment!