Chapter 4

Today was Saturday morning, meaning I had to take out the trash. I slipped on some slippers and went out in my pjs. When I got outside I realized the light was on in the newly occupied house and from what I could tell there was a person dressed in dark clothing standing in what seemed to be the kitchen.

The person's eyes flickered to mine, catching me staring, but I hadn't been able to see his face properly as half of it was cutoff due to the window I was looking from and it was really dark with no light on . He quickly left the room and that was that.

I took out the trash and decided to take out his trash too since it seemed the stranger wasn't comfortable in his new home yet. As I was taking out his trash I saw some take out boxes, but something caught my eye. A little jewelry box was thrown away. I picked it up and opened it seeing a simple necklace with a little pendant with writing on it that I simply couldn't decipher due to its dirtiness. I decided to take it home and clean it up.

But when I picked up the necklace, I noticed something else attached, something hanging onto the necklace. It was a charm bracelet with many charms on it. I realized that the new neighbour had probably thrown out the garbage in haste without realizing what he'd discarded. It's a good thing I picked them up, I thought. I'll take them home and clean them up then give them to him.

Please vote and comment!