the weep of the fallen

Deep in the mines they were searching. Small lanterns far spaced leaving the area dimmed and hard to see. There was out crops of larger mining areas.

A bonfire in the room ahead brought hope to the group. They rushed over. Just to stop in front of the opening.

The horror of what they saw. Lokis armor melted on its right side the metal still running down like water. A sword thru his chest and claw marks ripped his helm.

A man tied in a chair bloodied and moaning.

Roy rushing over noticing the armor is that of hendrum.

Roy quickly unwrapping the rope. " what happened? How did you get your body back?"

" the witch made me watch she wanted me to feel hope." he lifted his hand clenching his fist and unclenching. " she tortured us within minutes but it felt like a lifetime" blood tears rolling down from his eyes. " she killed us like we were nothing. Loki isnt going to paradise"

Hendrum trying to stand but stumbled. Roy catching hendrum in his arms.

" armor doesnt get to live in bliss they just stop existing"

" he will be in paradise and youll meet him there later. We are gonna get you healed alright?"

" it wont happen im a dead man" he pointed to his side. Rust fast spreading up and down his side consuming his torso running down his legs. " just tell me you killed that fucking bitch"

" yes the entire clan was exterminated like beetles under foot" roy chuckling

Hendrum laughing bellowing from deep down. The rust covering most of his skin " bugs are all they were im just sorry i got killed by one. But brother and i fought like beasts to our last breaths"

The rusted skin caving in as it consumed the rest of him.

Roy letting the dust shift thru jis fingers. He arose to see gordon inspecting the melt and destroyed armor of loki. The sword upon closer inspection pierced a glowing sigil.

Gordon stepping away from the armor. Roy walking forward seeing some vials and a cauldron water still bubbling.

Budrik looking around in disgust. He mumbled a pray for them and the area to cleanse it from the witches.

Roy tapping budriks shoulder " come we must retrieve the cube and get back to the others as soon as possible."

" yes quite right" budrik raising to his feet. The air becoming heavy. The room narrows the further down the three went.

Spiraling down the rabbit hole. Following gordon as he guided himself by the touch of the minerals. The coals was a sign for left and iron for right. The dark grew blacker and the air heavier.

Gordon finally holding still. A steel locked door with a multy lock code system. Gordon typing in the codes at lightning speed.

Green lights flashing as the loud clanking unbolted the door swinging wide to reveal a single light showing the cube on its pedestal. The room blank the steel covering every inch of the box.

Gordon smirking. " there it is the cube of the gods."

" god servant" roy softly speaking

" what was that?"

" nothing please go retrieve the cube" roy gesturing to the cube.

Gordon stepping forward to the cube. A small rodent scurrying away, squeaking as it ran.

Gordon ignoring it he grabbed the cube. The light shutting off. A small jolt of fear flashed over them when the sudden darkness occured. The light flickered back on. Gordon scammpered to the door passing the cube to roy. " here take it, its safer with you"

Roy reaching out to grab the cubes starry block. A shock of lighting bursting out from the sides shocking both roy and gordon. Both flinching back. Gordon dropping the cube. It cracked against the floor chipping the corner.

The cube finally laying on the floor.

Roy shaking it off with a shrug. He knelt to grab it. The cubes damaged parts vanished but the chipped corner remained. Roy turning away from the room. Budrik walking over helping gordon up to his feet.

Gordons face wrinkled unable to grasp what had just happened.

Budrik guided gordon up the path. Lights now illuminating the path back up.

A trail of star light following behind roy like a cape. Roys face expressionless. He could hear it.

A dull whisper multiple saying many different things. " destroy it" the loudest whisper in the bunch the crowd murmuring " save it"

"Help it"

"Kill it"

"Deaths helper"

"Hes lying"

"Trust him"

Roy walked in silence. The bodies reeked when they entered their room.

The three quickly walked thru.

When they emerged from the mines. They saw a grave and the whole group standing around it. Filamer and carly laying some of the stones from the building.

The mourning brought gordon and budrik to the crowd. Roy was unfocused walking past them all heading straight into the carriage.

Filamer standing after placing the final stone. A moment of silence fell among them. None able to speak a single word of kindness for their fallen brother.

Budrik glancing back at the carriage.

Filamer standing up she brushed the dirt off her clothes. " lets leave we still have a mission to do"

Gordon turning away from the group " we got the cube we can return home to the capital as soon as possible. Our king mustnt wait anymore" gordon stepping up to the carriage " this war lasted long enough"

The party gathering. The carriage beginning to roll.

Silence falling upon the carriage. Night fell upon the world.