The Dream

"What a beautiful bed of roses" whispered a voice.

A man waking up with a jolt. The Erie ring in his ear from what he thought he heard.

As he looked from side to side noticing something strange this wasn't his bedroom. It was a large grass field filled with flowers as far as the eye could see.

The small breeze blowing through his short brown hair revealing his features. The roundish face and stubby nose. The deep eyes of golden honey. Little whisker beard. Grabbing some glasses from the ground next to him he put them on the round glass expanding his eyes enlarging them. He stood up realizing he was in his pajamas, still the light orange fabric making him stand out in the field.

A small forming on the man's face as he began walking around. No matter how far he walked towards the setting sun the scenery seemed to never change.

A sudden shiver went up his spine. A quick glance from side to side looking for anything out of the ordinary.

His eyes locking on a blackened figure standing on a small mound several yards away.

The man was trying to yell or get the attention of the other person he saw. Nothing escaped his lips, not a sound.

He flailed his arms about trying to stick out more than he already had.

The figure turning and walking away.

The man ran ahead trying to catch up. He reached the mound only moments after the figure left but there was no one around once more.

A dark gloomy feeling fell over the man as he turned around to return to his path to the setting sun he was stunned. Jumping a little as the figure was only several inches away. The figure wearing a maroon three piece suits the tie having intricate patterns.

His face and hands not made of skin but made of space. Galaxies and quasars forming his eyes and mouth. Stars and gastric monsters forming the depths and curves of his face.

The galaxy man holding out his hand intending for a welcoming handshake. " welcome once more my dear friend" the quasars opening like explosions to form a white smil.

The man, unafraid and determined to know what was happening , reached out and grabbed the galaxy man's hand, shaking it.

" my name is roy" his voice deep and stirn.

" yes yes i remember you quite well, you may not know me but you know this land or as i call it home."

" no i've never seen this field before."

With a snap of the galaxy man's fingers the scenery changed from flowers in giant fields to castles with towering walls and rows of armored knights welcoming the both of them in.

" I remember this castle quite well, it was the imaginary castle I dreamt of as a child," Roy smiled as he walked the red carpet looking at the guards with their shining diamond armor.

" yes you might remember me as well if i put on my disguise as i did play with you in your dreams" the galaxy man snapping once more his form changing to a knight in leather armor sparkling brighter then any gold or diamond. " your general of your grand military"

" yes i remember the general-" a frown came over as he saw the general turn to the galaxy man once more "- but how is it you seem another person? especially since all this happened so many years ago"