death runs in the family

The fire embers barely lit. hendrum watching the fire die. His armor squeaked as he wiggled himself up. Dirt scraping his armor. The blade being used to help him up. He grunted as he walked around the carriage. " quiet night for having a weird messenger bugging the lot of us the past few days"

He wandered seeing the beast sleeping, snoring loudly. He made it back to the door to see roy standing at the door staring into the starry night. " hey roy is it already your shift?"

" yes it is. Did anything happen?'' Roy stepped onto the ground, his pole arm clicking on the ground.

Hendrum saluting half heartedly " nothing to report it's been a slow night" hendrum walked to the carriage beginning to tuck his sword in its compartment.

Roy stepped on the ground. " i'm glad now get inside and rest"

Hendrum nodded as he entered the carriage. The door silently closed behind him. Roy smiled as he sat on the first step. " silence is all i ever craved but you don't have to hide over there"

A slight gasp as the bush rustled. A small owl in a cloak carrying a bow stepped out. His giant eyes fixated on roy. " how did you know i was there?" his eye brows softing from a look of surprise to the star of a killer on the hunt.

" I heard you and followed your sound since you fired the arrow at us in the sleigh" Roy laid his pole arm at his side. " now come sit lets chat"

The owl walked sitting on the ground several feet in front of Roy. He laid his bow to his side, his few arrows to the side. Mitch Matched on the type of arrow some with iron tips others made from materials of the forest. Some rolled slightly but it stopped the owl looking to the sky. " what is it you wanted to speak of?" his voice filled with curiosity and skepticism.

" I want to ask, why would you attack me and my friends with threats?" his eyes light as a feather his smile charming his tone like a snake in the grass soothing its prey.

The owl shook a little. " I work for the teller. My job is to stop you. The war will end soon if you let it happen, if you get the cube the world will be plunged into chaos that'll last indefinitely leading to a war with the other worlds."

" i don't believe a word you said.'' Roy staring down the owl. " tell me the truth"

" I spoke nothing but it," the owl shivered lightly.

" this mission isn't for the country its for"

" a god servant, a man of the galaxies, a servant to the stars" the owl said, cutting off roy.

Roy scratched at his neck. " huh. I must say it's interesting a god would extend a war amongst its own people''

" He's fallen , you mustn't continue this journey. There will only be death and destruction"

" Not while I'm around I doubt your story. I wish for you to leave us alone immediately" roy standing up. " no god will ever wish such horrible fate upon their own people"

" believe me or not but you must destroy the cube before the god could find it" the owl standing up grabbing its bow and arrows. Strapping them back on. " the cube is so fragile it can be destroyed by a simple hit and that's all i'll ever take"

The owl jumped, landing in a bush. It rustled for a moment then it was gone.

Silence fell over the night. Roy sitting in silent thought " the cube is nothing more then destruction of all we ever know. Blahg I don't believe a word that creatine said ''Roy sitting back down. The sun rising over the treeline.