Chapter 5 : Daffodil Bouquets

FanArt by: tsukidudee

After leaving the library a few days ago, the pair of you had finally exchanged numbers and managed to arrange the picnic.

Needless to say, you were extremely excited. Izuku had quickly become one of your favourite people in the short span of a few weeks. After all, he was always super kind to you. Not only that, but you'd seemed to have obtained interest in him, in his life.

You liked how he said most of his things were homemade. Being crafty was always a goal of yours, perhaps he could help you learn even more.

His gentle personality did more than draw you in. If you knew better, you'd say you were attracted to it... yet, that thought barely seemed to cross your mind.

Honestly, you were caught up in trying to keep your life as contained as possible, that anything new added into the mix would make it erratic again.

I mean, let's be honest here, you'd almost missed the bus 8 times in 2 weeks. You didn't need anything else sending your emotions out of whack.

In conclusion, you were oblivious... and partially purposefully so.

_______Izukuuu <3_______

Are u still up for the picnic today? :D

Yeah, just about to leave now!
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Yayayay, ok i'm using the picnic
basket we made together

( ๑>ᴗ<๑ ) sounds good, Y/n!

See you in a bit, Izukuu :P

♡ '・ᴗ・ '♡

•_____________________•

You hurried to place the rest of your homemade treats in the basket, closing the lid with a click.

Brushing down your lilac coloured sundress, you set the woven straw hat on your head and went over the list in your head.

You had your keys, food, money in case you needed it. Sorted.

Humming in approval, you scooped up the picnic basket and began your walk to the bus station.

You'd always enjoyed the ride into the town just outside of your city... even more so now that seeing Midoriya was something to look forward to.

Your smile appeared to never falter... but it never did anyway. Only today was it much wider and moulding more genuine crinkles around the eyes.

When the bus pulled into the stop just on the outskirts of town, your cheerfully stood and almost skipped down the aisle in between the seats.

"Thanks so much," You waved to the bus driver just as you hopped off.
"See you later, Y/n," He bowed his head in likewise appreciation.

You inhaled through your nose. Nothing was better than fresh air on a sunny day. Especially when you were going to see Midoriya!

Eventually, you made it to the park and glanced around. He was already there.

Sat on a picnic blanket, just under the shade of a large oak tree, was Izuku. A tranquil beam rested upon his face as he continued to lay out a couple things.

"Izuku!" You called out, breaking into a slight run.
His eyes shot up to meet with yours, a generous grin now overtaking his features. A soft blush accompanied the smile, freckles turning shades darker in cooperation with his pink skin.