Chapter 10 : Over?

Wow! You have no clue how much work I got done! I can't believe it personally!" You cheered, picking the keys out of your pocket "I mean, who knew having someone nearby would help me concentrate? Honestly, I thought I'd get more distracted by talking to you!"

Midoriya stayed quiet, smiling - almost in awe - as you continued to talk. He loved the sound of your voice. He could listen forever. Seriously.

You had him wrapped around your finger and you had absolutely no clue!

"I got almost 5 chapter drafts done in 7 hours! That's at least 15,000 words!" You hummed thinking to yourself as the key entered the lock with a satisfying click "Perhaps I could beat that next time, hm? Wait- That would probably be impossible. I wrote 2,200 words an hour... approximately. I don't think I could go any faster."

You just kept going. He didn't need to say a word. It was extremely entertaining to watch you go on about your writing like he used to with science. Beautiful, really.

Seeing you so interested, so deep in something you loved was one of his favourite sights. He'd seen it a couple of times in middle and high school. He'd seen the way your eyes lit up at the mention of literature.

He wanted to be the reason for that too, one day. Your special interest.

Well, had he known that he was already your special interest, he could've had a heart attack. His hopes were fulfilled a while ago. Your eyes did in fact light up at the thought of him. If someone would listen, you'd rant excitedly about him for hours on end. No doubt.

Agh! If he could just kiss you!

"You're quiet," Your softly spoken statement dragged him out of his thoughts.

"Hm? Oh, sorry. I was thinking," His face flushed when his eyes met yours. You sent him a smile.

"'Bout what?"

"Nothing important." He breathed as your sight seemingly impaled through his globes of emerald.

"Wanna know something, Izuku?" You hypothetically asked in a teasing, light tone "I don't believe that it's nothing."

The pair of you entered the apartment as Midoriya gained confidence, a smug expression writing over his features "So what? How would you get it out of me?"

You spun around with your finger pointed, only to be stunned by the smirk on his lips "Izu- Oh- I just-"

Your stammering made him chuckle as he slipped right past you, setting the picnic basket down on your tiny kitchen table.

Nervously, you pivoted on your heel to gaze at him.

Well, it was a nice view for sure - you couldn't deny that.

"How come you're so muscular?" Crossing your arms, you squinted your eyes in false accusation.

"I do woodwork and odd bits of crafting. Not to mention when Kacchan is back in town, we play a few games of football."

You bit your tongue at the thought of such a gentle giant out in his gear, muscles on full show. He'd look quite intimidating from his height and strength - you'd figured - but inside, this guy was a total teddy!

"Will I ever see this happen?" You pushed further with a kittenish tone, noticing how his shoulders pulled back a bit in reaction. He glanced back over his shoulder at you.

"Why? You interested?" He joked and you scoffed playfully.

"What's gotten into you, Izuku Midoriya? I invite you into my home and now you've gotten all brave."