+1.4 : Quit

TOKYO, JAPAN
11:14 P.M.
September, 2021

ONE YEAR & FOUR MONTHS AFTER

     THE SKY'S TURNING a darker blue by the time Valentina finds herself walking out of her office. She has a box full of her stuff that she had at the office. She's tired, but she knows she has to go to Ukiyo. She needs to talk to Takumi about work.

She finally gathered enough courage to leave the shitty corporate job she had. It was a boring job. Most of the time her work consisted of answering calls and emails, organising the important file, getting rid of the useless ones, and other such work. It didn't pay well enough. It was boring, and it always rendered her exhausted by the time she reached home.

Now that she's finally quit, she's already questioning whether her decision was correct or did she massively fuck up. She knows that Jungkook earns enough for the both of them, and that she has enough money in her savings account to last her a few years, but she hates the thought of being idle, doing nothing, fading into a useless life.

Shoving the unwelcome thoughts to the back of her mind, she places the box at the backseat of her car, and gets into the driver's seat. It doesn't take her long before she sees the unlit sigh that read Ukiyo.

Parking the car and making sure to lock it, she makes her way to the club. The guard checks her ID and let's her in. Valentina has never visited the club at daytime before. She's surprised to see the usually dark ambience of the club so brightly lit by the lights. The place looks more like an expensive cafe for rich snobs rather than a nightclub, considering a lot of men in suits and women in suits or dresses are there.

Getting over her initial shock, she makes her way to the bar counter, where she finds bartenders she has never seen before. Does Takumi not work in the morning? She wonders. But he told me to visit him at lunch hours.

A girl who seems younger than Valentina smiles at her as she places an empty glass at the counter. She has bright pink hair and a black nose ring that stands out a lot. "What would you like to drink?"

Valentina returns her smile as she takes a seat on one of the bar stools. "I was wondering if Takumi is here," she says instead.

The girl's eyes narrow a little as if deciding whether she should tell her or not. "He's..." She pauses. "He's in the back. On a break right now."

"Oh. When will he return?" Valentina asks, glancing at the back door.

"Probably in half an hour," the girl says. Then adds, "Do you know him?"

Raising a brow, Valentina nods. "Yeah. Can you please inform him that Valentina is here? I kinda need to talk to him."

Her mouth forms an O as if suddenly remembering something. She stops wiping the counter. "Oh, he told me about you. You can meet him at the back." She gestures with her thumb towards the back door that leads to the open area behind the club.

"Alright. Thanks"

Valentina nods as she gets up. She makes her way out through the back door. The back area is empty and silent, except for the sound of Takumi's snores. He's sprawled on one of the wooden benches, one leg resting on the armrest, while the prosthetic one is leaning against the bench.