+ 1.4 : Lucky Man

TOKYO, JAPAN
08:14 P.M.
September, 2021

ONE YEAR & FOUR MONTHS AFTER

     ELBOWING HER WAY through the crowd proves to be harder than she had thought it to be. The intersection is so crowded that it's almost hard to breathe. However, with some difficulty, she finally makes her way to the restaurant she's aiming for. If she had arrived on her own car, God only knows how long it'd have taken her. She doesn't want to make her wait anymore as she's already half an hour late.

Entering the restaurant, she asks for the reservation under her name and follows the guy to her table.

The girl sitting on the table is scrolling through Instagram feed when Valentina sits opposite to her, almost startling her in the process.

"I'm sorry for being late. The taxi was stuck in the traffic so I had to get off and walk here," Valentina explains, slightly out of breath as she places her purse on the table.

"It's fine. You've been a lot more late than this before. Half an hour is nothing compared to waiting for almost two hours," Seojung waves her off. "Shall we order now? I'm starving."

"You know why I was late, Seojung."

Seojung smirks. "Because you were having a great time in the backseat of your car with that hot boyfriend of yours, you wild girl."

"Why do you always remind me of it?" She groans, her cheeks turning pink as she glared at the girl opposite hers.

"Because it's fun seeing you squirm."

Valentina opens her mouth to retaliate, but Seojung beats her to it. "We can talk about your sex life later on. Right now, I am starving."

Valentina narrows her eyes because there's no way she's going to talk about her sex life to Seojung ever again. That girl wastes no chance of reminding her of her non-existent wild adventures.

"Alright. But let me correct you one last time. It wasn't the backseat of my car. I was at my apartment."

Seojung laughs at her words, shaking her head as she calls the waiter. Once they have ordered, they talk about random things like their jobs, new places they've explored lately, and other miscellaneous things. It has been a ritual between the girls. Both lead hectic lives so they don't get many chances to meet and talk. But they've had a setup that they're going to meet every Saturday night for dinner or something so they can have some much needed girls time out.

Once they're done with the diner, they pay for their food, and make their way out of the restaurant, arms linked together.

The night air is crisp and cold, biting at Valentina's cheeks. She shudders. "Why is it already so cold?"

Seojung glances at her. "Look at you. Your nose and cheeks are already red. It isn't even that cold, Valentina."

She earns a glare at her words.

"Some of us are extra sensitive to cold, okay. Don't judge."

Seojung laughs. "Should we go home then?"

Valentina shakes her head. "No. I promised him I'll be there tonight. I don't want to be a bitch for breaking my promise like last time."