Chapter 1

The song at the top or side is Ain't It Fun By Paramore. I think that with all of the lies and the chaos this song is what Hermione thinks the world is telling her.
Also the picture I attached is of the main characters. Caroline is played by Leighton Meester, Jasper is played by Garrett Hedlund and Hermione & Draco are played by Emma and Tom.

A

Chapter 1

"Oh my god! Hermione, I can't believe that you are finally going to meet Jasper. He is absolutely amazing and he can't wait to meet you either," Hermione's overly enthusiastic cousin Caroline yelled over the phone, "he is American and he has this adorable accent. You know, he is a doctor in the making!"

"OK, Care Calm down I get it; He's Perfect!"

"Oh Moine he isn't just perfect he is everything I could have asked for and...", Hermione couldn't stand the way her cousin bragged about her life, it was almost as though she was intentionally trying to make Hermione jealous, and if that wasn't enough then her mother's constant comparison between her daughter and niece just made the whole thing worse.

Hermione was sick and tired of feeling like she wasn't good enough. Nothing she ever did could compare to what Caroline did. The fact that she was the brightest witch of her age, head girl, one third of the golden trio or that she was the head of the Department of care of the Magical Creatures in the British Ministry of Magic didn't seem to matter, all that mattered was that Caroline was head cheerleader in high school, won Prom queen twice in a row, was voted homecoming queen and not to forget had a steady loving boyfriend whom she was now engaged to!

"Hermione, you still there? Hello?"

"Oh sorry Care, I got a little bit distracted," Hermione said returning to reality.

"Distracted? Distracted with what?"

"Hmmm... oh nothing. Just my fiancé, he's texting me you see," Hermione replied barely even realizing what she had just said.

"FIANCÉ?! Oh my god why didn't you tell me?" Oh my god why had she said that, Hermione didn't have a fiancé, she didn't even have a boyfriend! In fact she had never even had a steady relationship that had lasted for more than two weeks!

There had always been something wrong with the guy. Even with Ron, whom she loved dearly, something went wrong. Hermione had no idea how to survive a relationship and everything Ron ever  wanted, her work-trained brain couldn't process.

"Oh... um...well... we've been dating for the past six months and last week he asked me to marry him and I said yes!" Where was all of this coming from?! Stop Hermione stop!

"Oh? Why didn't you tell me about him?"

"Well... It's just that we wanted the relationship to be a secret because we just weren't ready to go public" Wow she was on a roll! When had she become so good at lying?

"Well then you have to bring him along to California, after all I have to meet my future brother-in-law." WHAT! Where was Hermione supposed to find herself a fiancé!

"Um... Actually..."

"No Hermione I want to meet him! There is no way you are getting out of this so bring him along. Got it?"

"Hmm... yeah... but he might be busy with work he's a lawyer you see" WHAT! Stop it Hermione just tell her the truth.

"Wow, really? That's great Moine! Now I really want to meet him. Tell him to take a week of or something because there is no way you are getting out of this. I can't wait to tell everyone! Wow! They will all be thrilled. I mean, you know, we always thought you will grow up to be a spinster with way too many cats! " Excuse me!

"Well I proved you wrong didn't I? Don't worry we'll be there! Anyway I have to go I have a meeting in fifteen minuets bye-bye." Hermione hung up before Caroline could answer. Oh great! Sure I've told her that I have a fiancé and that he will come to California but what about the fact that I have been single for the past year!? "Where am I going to find myself a fiancé?" Hermione asked herself, placing her head on her palms.

The turmoil of insecurities and the endless words of torture she would have to endure when she came clean were only starting to pour themselves into her head when they were interrupted by a swift knock on her office door.

Silently thanking her savior she proceeded to invite them in. "Yes,"

Her mahogany door was pushed open and in walked the great Draco Malfoy.

"Malfoy, what might I do for you today? I could have sworn that we arranged for the interview to happen tomorrow."

"That was yesterday Granger. Today is when the interview was scheduled," Malfoy said rolling his eyes,"and if you don't mind I would like to finish today as I'd rather have minimal contact with you and I presume that you share my feelings on the matter?"

"Of course Malfoy, let's get on with it, shall we? I mean, it's not like you say that every time I have to do an interview because you are the only one I can deal with?"

"Is this you professing your love for me Granger?"

"Shut up Malfoy and let's get this over with. OK?"

"Yeah , Yeah"

......

"So, is that all?" the brunette asked the blond at the end of what seemed like an intense interrogation.

"Yes Granger, that's it."

As Malfoy turned toward the door an idea of sorts popped into her head, "Malfoy wait!"

Not giving the aristocrat a chance to voice his questions regarding Hermione's elongation of their otherwise short visit she continued, "I have a business proposition for you. It's completely up to you, whether you accept it or not, but I sincerely wish that you do!"

"A business proposition Granger? From you to me? Have you finally decided to write an autobiography?" Draco asked his face shinning with amusement and a dash of curiosity lacing his voice.

"No! I mean yes! I mean no to the auto-biography thing and yes to the proposition. I mean," Hermione said clearing her throat and telling herself to calm down, "I do have a proposition for you."

"OK... Granger, don't hurt yourself; I must say though I'm curious to say the least. What is this proposition of yours?"

"Um... Well," Hermione started, Was she really going to do this? Asking Malfoy to be her fake fiancé was Bizarre! There was no way that would work! First of he would say no and second of he was Malfoy! How could she even be thinking this?!

"willlyoupretendtobemyfianceforfifteendaystofoolmyfamillypleaseillpayyouordoanythingelse," Hermione said in less than twenty seconds.

"I'm sorry Granger but I do not speak idiot! Do you mind slowing down?" Draco said, his voice dripping of amusement.

Taking a deep breath and swallowing whatever little bit of her pride she had left she said," Malfoy, Will you be my fake fiancé?"

AN : So...? Should I continue it? How is it? I hope there aren't too many mistakes.

Have any of you seen the Wedding Date? Its an amazing movie and while this isn't exactly like it, the whole fake boyfriend/fiance thing and the jealousy of the sister/cousin comes from there. Please comment, I need your inputs!