Chapter 4

AN: A pic of Draco and the outfit he's wearing on the side or top.

Chapter 4

‘Definitely not now.’ That’s what Malfoy had said.

“Ugh!” Hermione mumbled to her self, “Why can’t he just tell me!” She was really starting to get exasperated with Malfoy and his maddening cheekiness.

She had spent the whole of the 22nd and 23rd wondering about what it possibly could be that Draco wanted from her and the only things she could think of included all kinds of evil that would put even Teddy’s imagination to shame.

----xoxoxox----

Now sitting at Dorota’s Café, a quaint little place in Hermione’s little corner of Muggle London, she waited for the arrival of the blonde who seemed to have hijacked her mind. The two had fixed where to meet the day prior through Thalia, who was now well acquainted with Hermione.

This would be the first day the two would be meeting face to face since Draco had agreed to be Hermione’s fake fiancé and his uncleared intentions were driving her crazy.

“Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!”

“Did you call Miss?” The waitress, Kelly said walking over to where Hermione was sitting. 

Hermione blushed a vibrant red as she realized that her inner turmoils were now very public, “No actually, sorry.”

Kelly nodded and smiled politely as she started to leave, “No wait! Sorry again, can I actually get a non-fat-hazelnut cappuccino and some banana bread please?” Hermione said smiling apologetically.

“No problem,” Kelly said, smiling sweetly. “Coming right up!”

“Thank you!”

----xoxoxox----

Hermione was half way through her banana bread when Draco finally arrived. He was dressed in muggle clothes which consisted of black skinny jeans, a horizontally striped navy-blue and white round necked t-shirt, over which he wore a navy-blue jacket. He looked positively dashing.

He looks like bloody model! Hermione thought wanting to scrub her brain of any thought that felt even the slightest of attraction for the blonde who was swiftly walking towards her table.

What the hell was she doing! This was supposed to be a business meeting not a date! Calm Hermione, Calm.

“Morning Granger,” Draco said pulling out his chair, “How are we today?”

Oh his voice! “Good Malfoy, how are you?” No Hermione, No! You are not attracted to Malfoy! Hermione mentally scolded herself while holding a straight face.

Oh but I am! She whined back. No! Bad Hermione!  Hermione thought to herself as though her attraction to Draco was sinister and she was explaining that to a child who didn’t know the meaning of the same word.

“Good, speaking of which, what’s good to eat here?” Draco asked picking up the menu laying in front of him and ending Hermione’s conversation with herself, “I’m positively famished!”

“Oh, well their banana bread is pretty good and so are all of their coffees. Oh! And also they have great sandwiches.” Hermione replied.

“Ok then.” Draco said keeping the menu down after a brief view, “Excuse me?” He called at the direction of the nearest waitress.

“Good morning sir what can I get you today?” Kelly asked, smiling a little too happily.

 Draco smiled back just as sweetly and replied saying, “I will have the Roast Chicken Sandwich and a iced tea please.”

“Of course,” she replied flirtatiously, “can I get you anything else sir?”

Draco turned to me at her question and said, “Do you want anything else Granger?”

Shaking her head Hermione signalled a ‘No’. “Nothing else thank you,” Draco replied, the stupidly nice smile still plastered upon his face, “Also could you please get it as quick as possible please? I am rather hungry.”

“Coming right up!” Kelly replied, way to enthusiastically.

----xoxoxox----

Once the annoying waitress, finally left Draco turned to Hermione and said,” So you think of the terms of our relationship granger?”

“Straight to the point huh?” Hermione said smiling slightly,” I haven’t actually. I tried to think of something that wasn’t completely ridiculous and reached no where. Have you?”

Draco chuckled and said, “I haven’t either, but I have thought of a way that we wont get caught. You know since there is no way your family will believe that someone like you is with yours truly, we are going to have to find a way to not slip up in any information.”

Hermione shook her head at his comment but agreed to his logic, “So, how are we going to do that?”

“Well…” He drawled,” We could try legilimency, but that might be a bit extreme so I was thinking twenty questions.”

“Twenty… Questions…?” Hermione asked, repeating the blonde’s words in the hope to understand them.

“Yes Granger, obviously there will be more questions, but we are going to have to learn all we can about each other in the next 6 days if we are to convince your family that we are together.” Malfoy said, as though him suggesting that they get to know each other wasn’t completely scandalous.   

Now completely unsure of his intentions the brunette asked,” Why are you doing this Malfoy? I need to know and do not tell me that you will tell me latter because this is important.”

Draco sensing the fact that the witch was serious said,” Granger, you don’t have anything to worry about, okay. I am not doing this to extract something out of you.” His eyes changed with the mood. They went from his usual smug look, to concerned and honest.

Hermione was at a loss of words because of the overwhelming intensity of truth that the blonde’s eyes were radiating. It was almost as though there was a whirlpool inside of them,” Besides I have been pretty bored for the past few months and what could possibly be more entreating than playing pretend with the golden girl?” Draco said his eyes changing again. In a matter of seconds, the emotions changed from from intense and raw to mocking and playful.

Hermione was confused, yet reassured and even though Draco had only offered her a few words of reassurance and she shouldn’t have trusted them because they were from him, she did.  

AN: I am so so sorry for the delay.

And i am sorry for any and all grammatical and spelling errors up there and in the previous chapters ^

So again i don't know if this is what you guys were expecting or if his (Draco's) intentions are to plain, but...

Anyway

I hope its okay...

Please please comment and vote, it means a lot!

A :)