Should've Listened - Madison Montgomery

Everyone told you that Madison wasn't one for relationships

Everyone told you that Madison wasn't one for relationships. They told you not to fall for her.
But that was easier said than done.
People always wondered what drew you to her. She was a straight up bitch that didn't care about anyone but herself. She would curse you out, throw things at you, berate you—the list goes on and on.
But you knew Madison. You knew what she was like when there was no audience.
She would hold your hand when you watched movies together. She would allow you to give her hugs. She'd tell you about those nasty thoughts that ran along in her mind. She held you close whenever you got tired whether that was physically or emotionally.
So when everyone asked 'how could you', you responded 'how couldn't I'.
-
You should've seen it coming. You really should've.
All the warnings you received.
You think you knew it was going to happen; you just hoped that it wouldn't.
Madison invited you to a party. You don't know what possessed you to say yes; you hated these scenes. You'd much rather be in bed with Maddie, snuggled under the covers watching the newest movie on Netflix.
But instead, you were here, watching the girl you loved making out with some random guy.
Sure, she wouldn't remember his name by morning but that should be you.
You should be the one kissing her; not some frat boy who only likes her for her body.
You should be the one holding her at night, telling her that everything's okay and washing away her fears.
But you weren't.
You were the one sitting in the corner of this musky, crowded room, watching as she was having the time of her life while yours felt like it was ending.