𝑋𝐼𝐼 - 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱𝘆

𝐶ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑂𝑓 𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒- 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜
𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜- 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙖 𝙍𝙞𝙤𝙩, 𝘽𝙮 𝘽𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨.
☽☽————- ★ ————-☾☾

✷        ·   ˚ *

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

"𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁."

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

✷        ·
  ˚ * .
     *   * ⋆   .
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
  ⋆ ·   *
     ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
  · ✵

       ASTRIA REGULUS BLACK was tucked under her father's arm, her head tucked into his shoulder. The rhythmic sound of the train running across the tracks could be heard in the background, lulling the child in and out of consciousness. They were alone in their cabin on the express, and she was seconds away from falling into a much-needed sleep. Ever since they left the safety of Halcyon, Astria had hardly slept a wink, and when she did nightmares taunted her like poison. Filling her veins and twisting her heart.

      The child was more than happy to be back with her father, especially with Sirius Black looming over her head like a sword on a thread. She felt safer with him than by herself. It's not that she depended on Remus to feel safe, but he raised her, with love, not cruelty, and that left a mark.

      Her brain was still spinning from the interaction with the animagus, but at the same time, everything was still. She understood it, but she didn't. Astria could put it plainly, her connection with nature, the one that's origin was a mystery, gave her the ability to tell the difference between animals and animagus. And it made sense, well besides the fact she had no idea where the powers came from, no idea she could do that, no idea how to control it, and no idea what it meant.

      She understood it, but she didn't.

     Astrias head was protesting with an endless riot of thoughts, but with some divine intervention, she was no longer able to stay awake. The world around her suddenly zeroed into nothing, and she fell asleep.

☽☽————- ★ ————-☾☾

      December 25, 1990.

      "Do you trust me?" Astria asked, snow falling onto the stone path and classical music echoing from back inside the ballroom. The air around them was cold, but Astrias dress kept her warm, and Draco never seemed to mind the cold.