Chapter 10 - Ready to go

Evangeline Stewart aka Eve

Leyla's injuries look much better; I don't understand why her recovery has been so slow.

Kenzo it's by my side, I think I'm ready to be Mark. I've been waiting for him all my life.

Jax was with Celene, I feel so bad for him but I feel de same pull he has for her. I hope she loves him like he deserves I already noticed some change in her. She has a position in the pack, and her grandma has taken care of her, she's the daughter of a bettas pack.

Seemingly, the new Alpha arrived and it didn't come alone.

-A lot of Alpha in a small territory- said the new Alpha as he looked around

-No one said that an excess of testosterone would look bad, if you didn't, ask the Lunas- Zeke said seriously, and holding out his hand, I laughed internally - Alpha Ezekiel Evans next in line of the  Broken Woods Pack —added

-Welcome to our territory, I am Alpha Davis, Black Walkers Packs, This is Alpha Frederick father of Ezekiel there.

The new alpha sees Jax with Celene and walks through them, everyone is watching him

-OMG I can't believe it - Celene said super excited, going to the new Alpha.

-My love how are you? - extending his arms to receive a hug

-MINE -grrrr - Jax was already in front of Celene, I rolled my eyes, boys!

— Easy boy, Celene is my niece- laughing at my brother's action

How is it that nobody knew this, in what world is my father's head?  That does not know who is in charge or with whom they are associated.

-That's new - I say while looking at my father for an explanation

-So Alpha's if you excuse me I'll be with my niece. I'm coming back for dinner, of course, if that's OK with you. -

-Sure no problem, see you then - Dad added

They walked away. We don't need to question Dad because he already knows what everyone is thinking. The only thing he could say was that he would explain at the right moment.

I went to see Leyla, it felt weird and everyone was running. I start following them to Leyla's room. She's awake, oh my, she's finally awake. I went through everyone and hugged her like I'd been living without seeing her for years.

- How do you feel? I miss you - I start crying
-I'm fine, I'm sorry- she says hoarsely
- Don't, is not your fault.

*ML
* Are you ok? - Kenzo ask
* Leyla is awake
* That's awesome babe, I see you there

The Drs are making everything to be sure.  I hope she's okay and we can take her home.

A desperate Zeke storm into the room, she looks at him like she knows him but doesn't know from where.

- "What? I owe you something? - he looks at me with confusion I spit my coffee.
- What the hell? - I say looking at her in complete confusion, she just shrugged and ignored him. He doesn't know what to do, so I invite him.
- Hey Leyla, this is Ezekiel Stewart his the alpha that came to live here.- I see the regret on her face, Zeke was about to laugh but I gave him a killing look to not do it
- Freya's brother - I add

- Put me up to date with what is happening in the pack and please get me out of here.- Something has changed, but I can not tell what. We update her on everything, and when I say everything that includes Jax's new adventure, I know she feels sad but we know they weren't mates so she didn't get a surprise at all.

The doctor entered the room
- She can go home but she needs to be relaxed, and also needs to come every other day to check her heart - her heart? Why? Zeke left the room in anger. What I'm missing?
-her heart?- I ask
-I will tell you later - I don't know what to believe right now. At this point, nothing surprised me.

Dr. gave us every detail and instruction, and now we are ready to go. On the way to the pack house, Leyla explained to me about her heart problem. She says is something she discovered but since her mom has a problem with alcohol they didn't take her to treatment. I feel Terri le for not noticing before.
- If you listen carefully you will hear it- she says
I concentrate and I listen to her heartbeats and notice the difference. I've been feeling terrible for not paying attention to her. How we have been friends forever and I never noticed?

- I'm sorry Leyla for not being the friend you deserve. I was thinking about my mate that I forgot to be your friend.

- Eve, you don't have to be sorry. You were there for me, you made my days better. And I appreciate it.
I start crying and hug her.

~~~
826 words