Chapter 3 ~ Finally Home Safe and Sound

“Brooke wake-up” said a mysterious voice.

“Um” I mumbled, “I don’t want to get up.”

“No Brooke get up we have to leave the plane, we’re back in Sydney,” the voice said again.

With this a jolted awake to see Taylor staring at me. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, to see an empty plane. Where did everyone go?

“Come on we have to hurry everyone else has left and are waiting for you in the airport” she said as she started to walk off

“Coming,” I yelled.

I scurried off the plane, with all of my stuff, rapidly trying to stuff it all into my bag. Once I made it off the plane I walked up the ramp that led to the gate. Once I got outside the gate I saw everyone staring at me, including my coaches.

“Sorry,” I mumbled in embarrassment. As soon as I looked up I saw everyone laughing.

“What?” I asked. I was confused, why was everyone laughing?

“You’re just so cute and innocent” said Sarah, one of the girls on my team.

“Whatever, are we going to get our bags or what?” I said, I bit annoyed that someone called me cute. I hate when people call me cute because I’m not. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a series of yeses. We walked off the baggage claim were we were waiting for our bags. Once we had all of our bags we headed out to the baggage clearance, where people check our bags for anything illegal. We all made it through. We were all excited becauswe we got to walk out into the main airport now, where all of our families were waiting for us.

As soon as we walked out everyone was engulfed in hugs from their families. My mom was crying along with my sister and my dad and brother were trying to settle them down. I run and hugged them all, crying a little myself as I was happy to be home. After all of the hugging I asked them if I could go and say goodbye to my friends.

I run over to Justin, hugging him in the process. I was sad to see him go back to Brisbane because he was like a brother to me and protected me like one to.

“I’m going to miss you,” I sobbed into his chest

“I know but we both have Skype and we can call whenever we want” he said trying to calm me down.

“Ok,” I said, trying to calm myself down.” But you have to call me, Deal”

“Deal,” he said. We did our secret hand shake and then I hugged him one more time before he had to leave to catch his connecting plane to Brisbane.

I walked back over to my parents, where I found Taylor and her family waiting. I hugged Taylor and then followed my family back to the car. I wish that my brother was here but he is currently playing overseas. I can’t wait to get home and sleep in my own bed.

~ Skip car ride ~

I hopped out of the car and grabbed my bags. Once my parents opened the door, I bolted to my room down my bags and fell asleep on my bed.