Chapter 8 ~ New School !!!

Waking up this morning, I was really excited. It was Monday, the day I would start at my new school and get to know another side to me. I jumped out of bed and walked over to my closet. I grabbed my uniform, which consisted of a teal skirt and a teal and white shirt, and put it on.

The uniform was good for this situation because it was lose and baggy. I went into the bathroom to wash my face and to brush and straighten my hair. Before I left my bathroom, I brushed my teeth and added a bit of lip balm to my lips. I grabbed my bag, which had all of my school stuff as well as my glasses and money.

I went down stairs to the kitchen and when I walked in everyone was already there. My mum was making breakfast and my sister was at the table talking to my dad. I sat down at the table and put my bag at my feet.

'Morning' I said

'Morning' said my mum followed by my dad and sister

'Hey dad can I come to training today after school?'

'Sure. Training starts at 4, so see if Justin can take you or you can take the bus.'

'Ok, but can I put my stuff in your car now?'

'Sure.'

I raced up stairs and grabbed my bag. Inside of my bag was my training gear, which included, my cleats, my national soccer shirt which had the number 16 on the back, my soccer shorts, socks and my water bottle.

Swinging my bag over my shoulder, I raced down stairs and out the door, to my dad's car. I opened the boot and chucked my bag in. Once inside the kitchen, I sat down at the table to see a plate of bacon and eggs, with a glass of orange juice.

After breakfast, I checked the time on my phone. 8:00 am. Realising I had 5 minutes till my bus came, I grabbed my glasses out and slipped them on. I said good bye to my parents, picked up my bag and raced out the door.

Running down the street, I managed to get my bag strap on my shoulder. I could see the bus ahead of me at the bus stop. I frantically waved my hands in the air, as the door started closing, trying to get the drivers attention. As the driver spotted me, he reopened the door.

Once at the bus, I walked up the stairs, scanning my bus card as I walked on. I said thank you to the bus driver as I went through. As I looked for a seat, I could only see 2 other people from my new school on the bus. There was a seat next to an elderly man. I sat down and said hello.

When the bus pulled up outside of the school, I was amazed by how many students were rapidly entering the school gates. I jumped off the bus and joined the flow of students. I followed all of the students, in my attempt to find the office.

As I walked past the oval, I spotted Justin playing soccer. I stood there just watching. They were working on defence & attacking skills. Justin was in the middle of the field working on controlling the ball, not that he needed to practice.

I finally realised that my mum had put a map in my bag. I know, she is very organised and she loves to be on top of things.

I finally made my way to the office. Once I reached the desk, I began talking to the office lady.

' Hello, what can I do for you?' she asked

'Hi, I am new to the school, my name is Brooke Wright'

'Oh yes, Mr Simpson told me that you would come today. He is currently in a meeting but you can wait on the bench over there," she replied

'Thank you'

I walked over to the bench and sat down. I look up at the TV on the wall of the room. There was a slide show playing, with all of the sporting events, musical performance and many other school events.

10 minutes later the door opened to reveal Mr Simpson.

'Ah Brooke, come in'

I followed him into his office and took a seat opposite his desk. He sat down and began talking.

"Hello Brooke, it's nice to finally meet you,"

'Thank you Sir'

'Ok well I am just going to go through some basic rules then I will introduce you to your new classmates'

He went through a couple of rules. You know the basics. Be respectful and responsible etc. Then he explained to me a bit about the French immersion program. After explaining everything, he led me to my classroom. One thing I can say about this school is that there are so many stairs.

Once we reached the top of the building, he walked me to the door. When he knocked on the door everyone's head snapped to me. Whispers started to fill the room. I dropped my head and looked at the ground. Mr Simpson talked to the teacher.

'Ok class, as I was saying, we have a new classmate, care to introduce yourself?'

'Sure, hi my name is Brooke Wright and I love French. I was born in Sydney, but I have lived in many countries, including France. That about all' I say trying not to mention anything that could ruin my secret.

'Ok Brooke, take a seat next to Nathan. Nathan, can you raise your hand?'

I waited for a hand to rise, so I could find my seat, but it never did.

'Nathan' the teacher nearly yelled.

'What?" I heard, from somewhere in the classroom.

'Raise your hand, so Brooke knows where to sit'

He slowly raised his hand. I was taken away. He had the most beautiful, deep blue eyes. His blonde hair had a couple of streaked of brown in it.

Well this changes everything...