Chapter 7 ~ Tour of Brisbane

As my eyes started to open, I became more aware of my surroundings. I could hear the birds chirping outside and I could smell the food from down stairs. I looked over at my clock. 8:50 am, Saturday. Why did I have to wake up so early on a Saturday morning?

I am so excited to be starting school this Monday. My parents have already enrolled me in the school and they have acquired my uniforms. I hate uniforms, but because I live in Australia were every school has a uniform, I just have to live with it. I just can't wait for school to start.

Yeah, I know what you are thinking, who likes school? Is she crazy? Well I am looking at this school as a new adventure. I get to live a life that I have never been able to live. Ever since I started school I have been known as 'the soccer girl', but for once I want to blend in with the crowed and get to meet friends who know me for me and who don't suck up to me. My only real friends I have had are Taylor and Justin.

I also want to show the brainer side to me. I want to challenge myself and not be so set in my soccer, that I have no time for other things. Sure, I am going to play for a club this year, but not for the school team. I want to keep my sporting ability on the down low.

Once I got the courage to get out of bed I headed down stairs not bothering to check my appearance. As I reached the kitchen door I could smell the bacon and eggs calling for me to eat them. I licked my lips and walked into the kitchen. I looked up to see my mum cooking at the stove, my dad sitting at the table and my sister sitting at the bench talking to mum.

'Good morning,' I said in a cheerful tone

'Morning,' they all coursed back

'So, what is everyone doing today?' I asked

'Well at 9:30 I have to leave for the interview and press meeting and stuff and afterwards I will get to know the players and see how they play.' My dad replied

'I am going to go shopping and buy some little bits and pieces to complete the house and then I am going to go school shopping for Lassie.' Mum answered

'I am going to go with mum,' answered Lassie 'what are you doing?'

'Justin is going to come by at 10 and pick me up so that we can hangout, play some

soccer and get the low down of the school; we might even grab some last minute things for school.' I answered.

'That sounds good,' my mum answer while placing all of the food onto plates 'breakfast is ready'

We all sat down and had a breakfast and continued talking.  After breakfast, my dad said he was leaving. We all said good bye and good luck to him. Once dad left I raced up stairs to get dressed.

I grabbed out some denim shorts and a white lace midriff, as well as a mint coloured light jumper. To complete the look I wore a chunky necklace and brushed my hair to one side.  I then brushed my teeth and put a natural brown lipstick on. As I heard the doorbell ring, I quickly grabbed my white converse and raced down stairs.

Once I reached the bottom I saw Justin standing at the door. I raced over and hugged him.

'I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!' I yelled

'I know but it has only been 1 week,' he said laughing at me.

'I know that but it has been forever,' I answered

'I missed you too' he replied, 'do you want to get going?'

'Ok, let me just say good bye to my mum and Lassie' I said as I started to race off into the kitchen where my mum and sister were still planning on what they were doing today. I said good bye, raced out the door and into Justin's car.

'So where are we going first?' I asked Justin

'We are going to go on a little tour of this neighbourhood, including the school and some of the closest clubs nearby.'

'OK, sounds fun'

As we started to drive, Justin was pointing out some soccer fields and clubs and if they were good or not. When we drove past the school I was amazed. It was so high-tech and new. There were tones of 3 story building and big ovals.

'WOW, this school is huge,' I said in amazement, 'now I am even more excited to be starting school tomorrow.'

'Yeah talking about school, are you going to join the soccer team this year?' He asked

'No'

'Why?'

'Because I don't want to be known as Soccer girl, I want to blend into the crowd,' I said.

'I understand what you mean, like sometimes I want to be able to see what my life would be like without Soccer.'

As the car ride continued he showed me some of his favourite spots to hang out with his friends. He also showed me the closest shopping centre. Once we found a park we raced inside. We went straight to Target to grab some stationary. After we finish at Target we walked around the shopping centre and had some lunch. We were talking and laughing the whole time.

Once we had finish it was nearly 4 o'clock, so we started driving back to my place. Once home I thanked him for taking me on his tour and asked if he would like to come in and have dinner with us, but declined because he had a prior engagement with his family.

I put away all of the things I had bought and went down stairs to dinner, we watched my dad's interview on the news and then I went to bed, really excited to be going to school on Monday.