τέσσερα

Gritting your teeth, you slashed one of the daggers at one hand continuously, missing your sparring partner's throat by mere centimeters. The person in front of you, a child of Iris, stumbled backwards, landing on the ground after failing to regain their balance after your relentless attacks.

Just as you were about to lunge forward and make them give up, you heard a loud clapping sound, signaling for your attention and for you to stop.

You glanced to the side and saw Hyoyeon with an exasperated look.

She walked forward before bowing to your sparring partner still on the ground, frozen, and dragging you to the side.

"What's the matter with you?" She asked in a sharp whisper.

You furrowed your brows defensively. "What do you mean? Nothing."

"Don't lie to me," She refused to believe your words. "Y/N, you know who you were battling against. Children of Iris aren't as skilled in hand to hand combat than most demigods - and most especially nowhere near as skilled as you. You know that. You nearly got their neck! Were you trying to cut it open?!"

A heavy sigh escaped your lips, shoulders lowering at how true her words were.

She was right. Your mind was heavily occupied with so many thoughts at the moment, your focus was not at its best.

That was dangerous. For you and for the people around you.

Scratching the back of your neck, you looked to your feet and sighed once again, "Sorry. I wasn't focused..."

"I saw that. Y/N, are you still positive you don't want to talk to them? Or even be near them?"

You looked up quickly with a subtle clench of your jaw. "Yeah, I'm sure."

Hyoyeon sighed, backing away almost immediately. "Fine, but you're done sparring. You're not sparring with anyone until you get your thoughts cleared up."

"But-!"

"No. These are not my orders, it's your head counselor's. You could hurt someone. Or worse, hurt yourself."

You sighed for the second time and begrudgingly obeyed. At times like these, you thought that you should have accepted the role of head counselor. But then again, you didn't want to do all the other extra work either. "Then what do you want me to do while I wait for you guys to finish? I'm not going to watch you guys spar right in front of me when I can't, and I don't want to go back to our cabin alone."

"The Big House. Go read at the library you bookworm," She beckoned and left to your other half-siblings who overheard your conversation.

You thinned your lips and slowly made your way there.

It seemed like it was not your day today. On the walk to the Big House, it sounded like there were more whispers regarding you. Already frustrated, you scratched your head and harshly faced the three who you heard and were the closest to you with one of the most annoyed faces you could make. "My Gods, just say it to my face why don't you?!"

They shut their mouths with wide eyes.

"Right, you can't," You rolled your eyes. "You guys only gain courage when I don't say anything after all."

People who were near looked frightened now, knowing that today was one of those days. A day where every single thing easily irked you and pressed all the wrong buttons.

One of those signs was when you yelled; you don't yell often. You were the type of person who easily made people frightened without having to raise your voice. Like how people who normally are loud-angry get scarier when they go quiet, you were the same, just vice versa. The usually quiet and collected person, yelling.